4.7.18 - Support request removed ?

Hello, 

I've just done a zero installation because I've moved machine. 
I took the opportunity to go from .16 or .17 to .18. 

I see that members can make a ticket but when I click on make a request, I get an error saying that a department must be created in the adminCP
Also, in the adminCP, the ticket tab is removed. 

But in the search bar, I can find all the ticket elements, so I've created 2 departments but the error still exists. 

Why does this happen? 
I thought tickets would be removed in v15? 
What's more, patch .18 mentions a fix and not a removal for ticket requests? 

Thanks

Fresh installs of v4 have the ticket system disabled because it's been removed for v5: https://invisioncommunity.com/deprecation-tracker/commerce-ticket-system-r6/

I guess they did it so new users don't start using a feature that has been removed after the upgrade.

Existing v4 sites installed before the change still show it enabled as usual, though.

2 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Fresh installs of v4 have the ticket system disabled because it's been removed for v5: https://invisioncommunity.com/deprecation-tracker/commerce-ticket-system-r6/

I guess they did it so new users don't start using a feature that has been removed after the upgrade.

Existing v4 sites installed before the change still show it enabled as usual, though.

Is there a way to enable it?
Technically, it's still there and working. 

Looking at the code, the ACP menu becomes visible if the support module for the admin site is visible:

if( $m = \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'nexus', 'support', 'admin' ) AND $m->visible )

Here's what you can do:

1. Run a query to make the module visible:
    UPDATE core_modules SET sys_module_visible=1 WHERE sys_module_application='nexus' AND sys_module_key='support' AND sys_module_area='admin';

If your tables have a prefix, be sure to adjust the table's name.

2. Clear the caches in ACP > Support.
  3. Refresh the page and the ticket system should be visible.

11 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Looking at the code, the ACP menu becomes visible if the support module for the admin site is visible:

if( $m = \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'nexus', 'support', 'admin' ) AND $m->visible )

Here's what you can do:

1. Run a query to make the module visible:
    UPDATE core_modules SET sys_module_visible=1 WHERE sys_module_application='nexus' AND sys_module_key='support' AND sys_module_area='admin';

If your tables have a prefix, be sure to adjust the table's name.

2. Clear the caches in ACP > Support.
  3. Refresh the page and the ticket system should be visible.

Thank you very much, 
I will try this.