Need Help Solving A "List" Problem

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

Hi Guys, I need help determining the best way to solve a problem. 

In my community we often have topics that contain lists of products, and the lists need updating as new products come out. For example, a member of the community may post a list of all speakers that come in the color red. This is the first post in the topic, followed by discussion of the speakers for several pages, then a new red speaker will be released and the list will get reposted on page 10 (for example), making the original list obsolete. This goes on for years, with many new updated lists. 

I only allow editing posts for 30 minute after publishing/saving them due to misuse by bad actors. Unfortunately, this makes it impossible for the original poster to edit his initial post containing the list. 

Question: What's the best way to use any IPS feature (not just a forum topic) to host lists of things that need to be updated, but also require specific members of the community be able to edit them?

I was thinking of a Page, and giving a person or couple people access to the page for editing, and putting the Page URL in the forum topic, so discussion could continue in the forum.

Not really sure the best way to solve my issue, thus the question. 

The only option would be a modification that allows bypassing the cutoff time setting for first posts.

I think there was one in the old marketplace, but I can't find it anymore.

EDIT: Nathan's solution might work, too if you don't need to strictly edit the first post as long as the updated list is clearly visible.

Edited by teraßyte

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Recommend the post that is considered to be the currently correct one?

Result - it's at the top of each page..

Could contain: File, Food, Nut, Plant, Produce, Vegetable, Grain, Text, Seed

Oh dang!

If I follow this correctly, I could just recommend the most current version of the list, in whatever post, and it will be at the top?

20 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

t's a moderator permission.

It would also be really nice to be able to give the topic originator the ability to be a moderator of his post or posts. I used to use such a mod.