Error: '0 views' showing on threads with replies

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

Hi all, id be so grateful to anyone who is in a position to shed some light on the problem I have.

Some threads, I believe ones started after I ran the Jan '23 update, show as having 0 views - despite them having having replies; so clearly something is amiss!

Does anyone else:

• Suffer with the same issue?
  • And/or know how to rectify the issue?

Kind Regards

If they are, we would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

16 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Are your tasks working?

Hey Daniel thanks so much for reply, I need to get someone to check as im non technical and report back.

8 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If they are, we would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you.

Hey Marc, ah ok ive hit a wall here ☹️. I cant do FTP access or such like as that out of my depth technically unfortunately. I can easily grant you Admin access though, id just need an email, from there you can, is it possible to do this way?

Thanks again for you replies

49 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You can use any email, as long as its what is added to the support area.

I would advise if you are unsure on how to provide FTP access, you gain the assistance of a server administrator to assist you. It really would be a minimum knowledge requirement if you are hosting the site yourself

Gotcha, thanks Marc your help is invaluable. 

I've gone ahead and updated the 'Admin CP Access' so that should give you access....

Would you just confirm that it has?

Kind Regards

Thank you so much Marc that was so helpful 🤩

Update: The hosting company has changed the cron to run every 1 minute (was previously set to 5) as per the system message in Admin CP, hopefully that fixes that then...

(assuming that was the only issue with Cron?)

And Ill have to get a Dev to ensure tasks are running 

Ok just to wrap this up, and this probably seemed obvious to anyone technical lol, it was tasks not running properly since the PHP8 upgrade. Sorted! ☺️(thanks @Daniel F called it straight away)

@Marc Stridgen ive one nagging thing since the start of the week. Which I can't see being a by product of anything Cron related but possibly something ive inadvertently done scrambling to give admin access to invision support, one admin member appears twice in admin, like its duplicated.

Do you have any idea how this happened and how to rectify it? 

Hes a member and admin as a secondary group as an fyi. The effect is, and I dont know if the two are related, is hes lost the ability to do an IP lookup and can't see the validating member list to approve new members....

I feel stupid for saying this but....I did remove mod & admin access for some other accounts who are no longer with us, just to clean up a bit....so im guessing ive caused this!! ☹️

Im stumped anyone got a clue...?

3 hours ago, Fubra said:

Ok just to wrap this up, and this probably seemed obvious to anyone technical lol, it was tasks not running properly since the PHP8 upgrade. Sorted! ☺️(thanks @Daniel F called it straight away)

He is usually right. Just dont tell him I said that 😉 

3 hours ago, Fubra said:

@Marc Stridgen ive one nagging thing since the start of the week. Which I can't see being a by product of anything Cron related but possibly something ive inadvertently done scrambling to give admin access to invision support, one admin member appears twice in admin, like its duplicated.

Do you have any idea how this happened and how to rectify it? 

Hes a member and admin as a secondary group as an fyi. The effect is, and I dont know if the two are related, is hes lost the ability to do an IP lookup and can't see the validating member list to approve new members....

I feel stupid for saying this but....I did remove mod & admin access for some other accounts who are no longer with us, just to clean up a bit....so im guessing ive caused this!! ☹️

Im stumped anyone got a clue...?

IP lookup is actually a moderator permission, so you would need to look there. If you give me the name of the admin, I can certainly look at the duplication in the admin section for you.