Email notifications are not sent instantly

PatrickRQ

Hi,

Is there any place I can configure when email about notification is being sent? I talk about any forum or downloads subscriptions where I choose to be notified about reply or new content. I usually get email after an hour some content was posted instead immediately. This issue happens to me since time I upgraded to IPB4.

Edited by PatrickRQ

Followed content notifications, if the user has set to receive the notification immediately, should go out relatively immediately. However, of course, you will need to check with your email provider to see if there are any delays there and ensure there isn't any delays on the server too.

Depending on the size of your community, and of course your hosting/smtp configuration - you might want to investigate offloading your mail handling to a service such as Sendgrid. We have over 150,000 active members and our email sending via our own server was stalling, as well as always getting blacklisted and bad sender rep. Since migrating to Sendgrid we have instant email notifications with almost no delay, 99%+ deliverability, and never get blacklisted. One of the best "upgrades" we have made.