Where can I see all methods of IPB?

NED
Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

I saw:

$topic->isQuestion()

$topic->mapped('title')

But may I see all contents in $topic and other variables and objects used (and not used) in the templates? I looked in the API but didn't find anything helpful.

If you're on a self-hosted license, you can browse the different source files to see all the available methods. For instance, the Topic class (from your $topic) and methods would be located in applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php. Note that most classes extend other classes, so you might have to look in multiple classes to find all available methods.

I haven't found this information online.

8 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Once you enable IN_DEV, you can also use the hook editor to see all available properties and methods 🙂

Good point! I usually edit files in my favorite editor (vim, of course), so I forgot about the hook editor. Does the hook editor get the information about properties and methods directly from the source files?

Just now, Runar said:

Good point! I usually edit files in my favorite editor (vim, of course), so I forgot about the hook editor. Does the hook editor get the information about properties and methods directly from the source files?

Yes.

IDE's can support this too ( https://github.com/codingjungle/toolbox )