Am I dumb or is there no way to add a description to badges?

ahc

I don't know if I'm just not seeing it, but in the new achievements system with 4.6 I see we can make badges, however I don't see a place to put a description to explain what the badge is for?

I see some descriptions for the badges that Invision gives out:

8bdb47400f26824e18538aa12cf1a06c.png

Is this only for badges granted via rules?  How am I able to add a description to my other badges?  Right now I can only add a title, an image, and choose whether or not it can be manually rewarded.  

Edited by ahc

There are no descriptions that can be added to badges, no. These are indeed rules. For example the conversation one is as below. So you would add a rule to give the badge, and add the public description to that rule. In this manner, you can actually use a badge in multiple ways. Take for example you have a "helpful" badge. You may want to give that for 10 topics being marked solved, but also add it for when they hit 10 reputation points. 2 descriptions of why they got it, but only one badge.

2021-09-17_08-08-37.png

The only other way a member can receive a badge is if you give them one manually from a post. In which case it will say "xyz for a post in a topic". You can add a reason for giving the badge when you do so, and that reason will appear on the post in question it is linked to 

13 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The only other way a member can receive a badge is if you give them one manually from a post. In which case it will say "xyz for a post in a topic". You can add a reason for giving the badge when you do so, and that reason will appear on the post in question it is linked to 

I don't understand what this means. Why is the information attached to the post and not the badge? And why are you saying this is the only way to manually give a badge when there's an option to do so from the ACP?

So basically unless a rule is attached to it, we don't have the functionality to add a description.

Can I request this as a feature in the next update? I don't understand why the functionality exists, but was left out for manual rewarding.  Most of our badges will not be using rules, but I do not want to transfer them over if I can't even tell the members what they're for.

Edited by ahc

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 10:09 PM, ahc said:

I don't understand what this means. Why is the information attached to the post and not the badge? And why are you saying this is the only way to manually give a badge when there's an option to do so from the ACP?

So basically unless a rule is attached to it, we don't have the functionality to add a description.

Can I request this as a feature in the next update? I don't understand why the functionality exists, but was left out for manual rewarding.  Most of our badges will not be using rules, but I do not want to transfer them over if I can't even tell the members what they're for.

We decided to do it by own and show users what badge is next and how many points / posts they must do to get badge. Also u can add some text to describe them. Simply js code do show and hide content and added to theme model html code.

On first columnt it shows badges by how many days on forum, the second show how many posts and badges on that and the last show te specified badges 1,2,3 on specified forums to get by writing post on them. Simply to create and to understand. 

Greetings

Schowek-1(4).png