how can I remove this black product image?

kar3n2

Hi.. its me again

I have this product and its got a black image as you can see.  I know I can upload another image which will replace that and be relevant to the product ( sponsorship of a forum)

product images.jpg

HOWEVER... there will be about 180 of these forum sponsorship products so as you can imagine finding 180 different images and uploading them will be a nightmare and cost me a small fortune off shutterstock or wherever.

So can it be removed or at least made to look prettier???

Thanks if you can help.  A glass of wine your way of course :-)

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:14 AM, kar3n2 said:

Hi.. its me again

I have this product and its got a black image as you can see.  I know I can upload another image which will replace that and be relevant to the product ( sponsorship of a forum)

product images.jpg

HOWEVER... there will be about 180 of these forum sponsorship products so as you can imagine finding 180 different images and uploading them will be a nightmare and cost me a small fortune off shutterstock or wherever.

So can it be removed or at least made to look prettier???

Thanks if you can help.  A glass of wine your way of course :-)

What about using your own background image there ?

in custom.css add:

.ipsNoThumb {
  background: url(your image url) no-repeat;
}

Should then use that image for ALL the 'black backgrounds' of products

or if only have one theme then could add your image to the Manage Resources and use the url given in the above code ?

17 minutes ago, steve00 said:

What about using your own background image there ?

in custom.css add:

.ipsNoThumb {
}

Look at this now    THANKS STEVE

Little banner with a big foot print   PERFECT little banner with a big footprint.jpg

• 1 year later...

On 2016-06-12 at 3:18 PM, steve00 said:

.ipsNoThumb {
}

Hi, I tried this but the picture did not end up in the right place. I had to use this example.

.ipsNoThumb {
  background: url(/thumb/image.jpg);
  background-size: 100%;
}

But I can still see the old image shine through. It would be great if i could change the image in the admin panel in the future instead.

51 minutes ago, tomwin said:

Hi, I tried this but the picture did not end up in the right place. I had to use this example.

.ipsNoThumb {
  background: url(/thumb/image.jpg);
  background-size: 100%;
}

But I can still see the old image shine through. It would be great if i could change the image in the admin panel in the future instead.

link to view would help

5 hours ago, tomwin said:

My site is stil under construction. Can't give a link yet. But here is example of the image i get now. I still can see the old thumb under the image.

.596498f672099_Skrmavbild2017-07-11kl_11_22_01.png.8118794aeae6ea17857f926da77a2953.png

This image appears to have opacity which explains why we see the original thumbnail.

Archived