Converter (remote to local) possible?

Go to solution Solved by Marc,

I have been trying to follow your documentation

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/getting-started/migrating-from-another-platform/running-the-conversion-r211/

it doesn't say both installations need to be on the same (localhost) but trying to do the convert (migrate) from a remote to localhost doesn't seem to work but I would like confirmation before I go through all the work of trying to move my remote host (eventguyz.net on scalahosting) over to my preferred localhost (mywiseguys.net on a2hosting).

Can you convert from remote Invision Community (4.7.17) to local Invision Community (4.7.17)?

Another another question I hope I can find the answer to...

If successful migrating eventguyz.net --to--> mywiseguys.net

Can I then convert another of my invision community sites over on top of it?

I have a phpbb site, wpforo site and want to just move everything to one website if possible...  groceries are getting too expensive (need to consolidate) 🙂

Thank You

Edited by Cowboy Denny

Posted (edited)

Thanks Marc..  just as a suggestion would be great to add that pre-req in that doco so i don't have to bug ya.

Could you confirm that I can convert multiple sources to one destination and that works?  -- meaning you don't need a clean install to migrate to it

Edited by Cowboy Denny

10 minutes ago, Cowboy Denny said:

Could you confirm that I can convert multiple sources to one destination and that works?  -- meaning you don't need a clean install to migrate to it

This is indeed correct, so long as they are different sources this can be done.