Topic deleted and images not deleted ?

Posted (edited)

Hello 🙂

I've created a topic and posted an image in it. Then I copied the image's url (like : /uploads/monthly_2024_07/image.thumb.jpeg.d39601e5dd223320b81eb9d049e6d6ed.jpeg) and I deleted the topic to check if the image is really deleted.

Now it's been about 20 minutes that I deleted the topic (and also deleted it in CP Moderator, Deleted content ) and the image is still on the server...

Another problem : I also noticed that topics and posts in CP Moderator, Deleted content have not been deleted (I saw I have 868 pages of deleted content there, waiting to be deleted for good).

I went in the ACP, System, Settings, Posting and set "Permanently delete content" to "Immediately" (it was 7 days before).

What else should I do to try to fix these issues ?

Thank you 🙂

Edited by SecondSight

12 hours ago, SecondSight said:

I've created a topic and posted an image in it. Then I copied the image's url (like : /uploads/monthly_2024_07/image.thumb.jpeg.d39601e5dd223320b81eb9d049e6d6ed.jpeg) and I deleted the topic to check if the image is really deleted.

Now it's been about 20 minutes that I deleted the topic (and also deleted it in CP Moderator, Deleted content ) and the image is still on the server...

This is not an immediate thing. Its done on a daily task

12 hours ago, SecondSight said:

Another problem : I also noticed that topics and posts in CP Moderator, Deleted content have not been deleted (I saw I have 868 pages of deleted content there, waiting to be deleted for good).

I went in the ACP, System, Settings, Posting and set "Permanently delete content" to "Immediately" (it was 7 days before).

What else should I do to try to fix these issues ?

Check again tomorrow. They should no longer be there. What you are doing here is changing things and then immediately checking. There are many things which run once a day

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is not an immediate thing. Its done on a daily task

I've checked and today the image no longer exists on the server. So it has finally been deleted. 🙂

I've had a closer look to the "Deleted content" topics in the CP Moderator. There is something wrong with the dates. It says : Deleted by xxxx on 06/30/2024, will be permanently deleted on 06/30/2024 ?

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

First it was set to be permanently deleted after a period of 7 days and yesterday I changed it to "Immediately". This is perhaps why there is a problem with the dates ? I will check in 8 days to see if it is deleted. 🙂

16 minutes ago, SecondSight said:

First it was set to be permanently deleted after a period of 7 days and yesterday I changed it to "Immediately". This is perhaps why there is a problem with the dates ? I will check in 8 days to see if it is deleted. 🙂

The task would need to run to delete these again. A lot of these deletion items happen on a task. It could be you changed it after the task ran yesterday and it hasn't ran yet today. It should be deleted on the next run if you keep these settings the same.