Subscription Memberships (Private) - Help and Advice Neeed

Seylerg
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Hello everyone, 
(some context)
I am almost ready to launch my new private Community using Invision Community. I understand how to make different member groups and tiers of subscribers, but I would like to do a slow or silent launch that allows me to have members sign up for the regular-priced subscription, for example, $49 per year, and these people will be known as "Members." At the same time, I would also secretly (not available to the public) like to offer 250 subscriptions to friends and friends of friends for a special price, for example, Free for one year, then $19.99/year. We will name these members "Original Members." (I know how to set up the subscriptions and attach them to the members type.) 

Important to Note:
I am setting up this Community to be totally private unless you are a subscriber. Non-subscribers will not have access to anything.

My Question
Where I need help is... How can I only list the regular "Member" subscription for the public to see and still somehow invite 250 friends to participate and have them subscribe using the special "Original Member" offer?

Ultimately, I would love to be able to give them a code, send them a link, or some other option to access the special "Original Member" Subscription pricing without that plan being public.

Let me know your thoughts or if I need to clarify my thoughts.

Thanks

I cant actually see any way in which you will be able to do this unfortunately, as they would both be guests when they attempt registration, and its actually a different subscription you are offering these people. The other issue you have, is if you are using subscriptions rather than a normal product, you couldn't even allow it to only one group, even if you do it once signed in. 

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I cant actually see any way in which you will be able to do this unfortunately, as they would both be guests when they attempt registration, and its actually a different subscription you are offering these people. The other issue you have, is if you are using subscriptions rather than a normal product, you couldn't even allow it to only one group, even if you do it once signed in. 

Hey, @Marc Stridgen, Thanks. I am now playing around with creating memberships using products instead of subscriptions. 

This looks to be a better option because then I can limit the stock of the Original Members to 250. 
Just to confirm, after stock runs out and their free term is up, say after 1 year, they can renew at the set-up renewal rate regardless of stock, correct?

Also I can force the 2 different plans on registration and once the stock runs out on the Original Members plan I can hide it from the store an registration correct?

It also appears that by having them choose a membership product, I can attach them to specific groups, is this also correct?

I have been paying for this platform and working on this site since May of 2021, and I am so close to launching and excited. Just need to work out the membership and payments portion - Your help is greatly appreciated 

Thanks

• Solution
1 hour ago, Seylerg said:

This looks to be a better option because then I can limit the stock of the Original Members to 250. 
Just to confirm, after stock runs out and their free term is up, say after 1 year, they can renew at the set-up renewal rate regardless of stock, correct?

Yes, thats correct

Also I can force the 2 different plans on registration and once the stock runs out on the Original Members plan I can hide it from the store an registration correct?

You can force them to choose, yes. Then you can hide the other if needed.

It also appears that by having them choose a membership product, I can attach them to specific groups, is this also correct?

Yes, you can indeed do that from the products settings. Either by adding a secondary group,or changing their primary group

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Yes, thats correct

You can force them to choose, yes. Then you can hide the other if needed.

Yes, you can indeed do that from the products settings. Either by adding a secondary group,or changing their primary group

Awesome - Thanks @Marc Stridgen - You Rock!