User-Created Online Portfolio

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

I'd like to create functionality on our community for users to create their own work portfolios they can share with candidate employers. It should have the following requirements:

• Users can create the portfolio themselves (i.e. does not require admin privelages)
  • Users have the option to make the portfolio public or private
  • Non-members can view the portfolios (so potential employers don't need to sign up for an account in our community)
  • Users can post pictures, videos, or a mix in their portfolio
  • Along with the media (pictures/videos) users can include text descriptions related to the media (e.g. to describe a project they did that is represented in one of the associated picture or video)
  • Contact me field where users can share their contact info for employers to contact them
  • Includes rich text field where users can write a few paragraphs or bullets about themselves and their experience/capabilities for employers to view
  • Nice to have but not a critical feature: users can attach their resume (or other files as desired), with the ability to allow anyone to download the resume/files
  • Nice to have but not a critical feature: includes optional (users can choose whether to turn this on or not) rating capability

I looked in the Marketplace but didn't see anything that could do this. Is anyone aware of a Marketplace product that can do this? If not, is this something that can be done with existing Invision Community framework? 

@opentype Please see above. Thanks!

Edited by amoncur

• amoncur changed the title to User-Created Online Portfolio
10 minutes ago, amoncur said:
  • Users can create the portfolio themselves (i.e. does not require admin privelages)
  • Users have the option to make the portfolio public or private
  • Non-members can view the portfolios (so potential employers don't need to sign up for an account in our community)
  • Users can post pictures, videos, or a mix in their portfolio
  • Along with the media (pictures/videos) users can include text descriptions related to the media (e.g. to describe a project they did that is represented in one of the associated picture or video)
  • Includes rich text field where users can write a few paragraphs or bullets about themselves and their experience/capabilities for employers to view

Have you considered Gallery? The above could be done with albums. Might not be necessarily the best fit but the only thing in the software suite which is capable of this.

Pages would require some heavy template modifications to do this but may be able to do it as well.

Thanks for the recommendation, Jim! It looks like Albums allows anyone to post images, and does not allow video. I'd want users to be able to create their own portfolio where ONLY their pictures (and video are posted). Sounds like this might be a custom application I need to hire someone to create. Anyone know a developer who could do this?