Group membership lists

Alex Duffy
Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

There would be no way in which to do what you are looking for there, and to be honest its difficult to see how this could exist. Moderators on the system are set up to be able to moderate areas, not moderate people, so from the point of view of the platform there isnt actually such a list. I understand you may be using it in such a manner, but this would actually be members who have access to an area that moderator has moderation access to.

20 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There would be no way in which to do what you are looking for there, and to be honest its difficult to see how this could exist. Moderators on the system are set up to be able to moderate areas, not moderate people, so from the point of view of the platform there isnt actually such a list. I understand you may be using it in such a manner, but this would actually be members who have access to an area that moderator has moderation access to.

Thanks Marc, I figured it was something like this. Because we have limited membership to these groups, in our case students, I have started a database with a field for members and I am populating this so the moderators will have this list, in their category, with live links on the listing too, very helpful for us. It also gives a field for keeping notes, like evaluations of student progress too.

I looked at clubs which does list the members and could set it up that way too, as I'm registering the students I can have things set up for them before I notify them of their membership, but I think the database is better for us.

We have 15 classes or groups of students in 4 schools with 5 groups of moderators and so far your system and its layers of permissions is handling the complexity and its working, each class only sees its own version of the site, forums, galleries, calenders, yet there is course material that is common to them too, in databases with categories.

Edited by Alex Duffy

What you could do, is if you want to show within each forum who is in charge of that area, you could set forum rules and show them inline, then write who is in charge of them.

The other option would be use the staff directory, which you may actually find is more useful to you in this scenario

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

What you could do, is if you want to show within each forum who is in charge of that area, you could set forum rules and show them inline, then write who is in charge of them.

The other option would be use the staff directory, which you may actually find is more useful to you in this scenario

Its not that I want to show the members who is in charge, I want to show the moderators who they are in charge of. The staff directory doesn't work in this case as there are no categories for it, I have tried it.

We have 5 moderators in charge of different school groups and I don't want them to see each others school students, it is unnecessary for them and would be confusing. We the admins can see all that, and I look after the students to make sure they can access the content they are supposed to, and the moderators are the teachers who look after their classes or groups.

I think the database is the way for us, as I register the students I enter them into the database under their categories and their moderators have permissions to access their categories.

I was just hoping I could find an automatic way to do this and show a listing of the members of our 15 groups to their moderators using permissions so they would only see their groups. and the member plug-in block nearly does it, but the filters it has prevent it from working the way we want it. Maybe it is possible for a developer to tweak the filters, like Vala Advanced Widget Setting 1.2.2 which is also very useful.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m not sure I understand the whole thing but if you want to show who moderates each forum, you can use this:

So I hope you can understand better now and I'm looking at some of your work too like Track Members 1.4.4 which looks useful to us too.