Remove/Delete Fraudulent Pending Invoices

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Just today alone I have thirty-eight pages of pending invoices that stripe.com has blocked as fraudulent. Looks like they are coming from my donation button. For the time I have removed it and trying to clean up these invoices. In total I have 1200+, all pending, all marked as fraud. Is there a way to cancel/remove them all in one go? The clicking cancel then delete for each one is proving to be very time consuming. 

I have an IP of this person; can they be blocked from the site via an IP? Man, this is out of control. The invoices are like seven every second, a bot or something. 

You should be able to delete the invoice/transaction straight up from the invoice listing screen. Just click the down arrow on the invoice -> Delete. However, there is no one-click button to removing those.

35 minutes ago, Jarrod Davis said:

I have an IP of this person; can they be blocked from the site via an IP? Man, this is out of control. The invoices are like seven every second, a bot or something. 

As you're self-hosted, I would advise blocking them from a server or network level if you are confident they are a bot. That would be most effective for your resources.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2022 at 9:34 PM, Jim M said:

Sorry, as mentioned, there is not a one click or mass delete option. 

I just got hit with this today as well.

Seriously having to do this one by one is sooooooooooo 1990's and there should be an option to do this especially with items such as this.

Can you guys please add multi delete or cancel option to admin please!?!

Also, looks like this was done via a script, so I have had to turn off Guest Payments and create a Fraud Rule to prevent future card testing.

@Jarrod Davis

I feel your pain, I have over 500 pages worth of this to cancel then delete.

1 minute ago, TDBF said:

I just got hit with this today as well.

Seriously having to do this one by one is sooooooooooo 1990's and there should be an option to do this especially with items such as this.

Can you guys please add multi delete or cancel option to admin please!?!

Also, looks like this was done via a script, so I have had to turn off Guest Payments and create a Fraud Rule to prevent future card testing.

@Jarrod Davis

I feel your pain, I have over 500 pages worth of this to cancel then delete.

Please add your feature suggestion in our official Feature Suggestion forum so it does not get lost in this support topic.

19 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please add your feature suggestion in our official Feature Suggestion forum so it does not get lost in this support topic.

Jim,

I have been asking for this for over 5 years (Possibly longer), and I am not the only one who has been asking for the ability for mass (delete, edit, move) functionality within the admin area.

I feel if I do what you are asking, it will just be a waste of my time, but thank-you anyway.

3 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Jim,

I have been asking for this for over 5 years (Possibly longer), and I am not the only one who has been asking for the ability for mass (delete, edit, move) functionality within the admin area.

I feel if I do what you are asking, it will just be a waste of my time, but thank-you anyway.

I see several topics around changing when an invoice is created but none around mass deletion of invoices. If you can't get A, I would suggest at least asking for B if this is something you are dealing with. Having both there will allow our team to better assess your suggestion.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

I see several topics around changing when an invoice is created but none around mass deletion of invoices. If you can't get A, I would suggest at least asking for B if this is something you are dealing with. Having both there will allow our team to better assess your suggestion.

I have been previously asking for the ability to mass delete, move, clone etc through-out the entire admin area when it comes to records. So, I guess invoices would have been part of this request. 😉 🙂

Thanks, I will post my request again later, after I have deleted these 1000's of records one by one, killing my hands and my eyesight in the process! 😋 🙂 👍

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Jarrod Davis said:

Ok, I discovered an automated way to remove the invoices. Not ideal, but one level above the sanity of deleting 1000s of invoices manually.

Discovered this extension for Edge that allows you to record and playback actions. So I guess this is it for the time being. Sigh.

Lol, just saw this topic. I was using the same macro function but from different software months ago to deal with 100s of invoice page.