Invoice expired but payment has been done

OptimusBain

Good day,

I got an email from a member telling me that he made a payment using payment but he cannot access the community.

I checked and PayPal has received the payment yesterday the 23rd July but the invoice for this user appears as expired and the user groups hasn't been changed so he cannot access the community even though he has paid.

I've verified the payment, it's on my PayPal account.

The invoice that expired is #285. First payment done last 18th June 2022. On ACP I cannot see the new invoice as paid but I reviewed the payment. The membership expires last Tuesday and payment went through PayPal yesterday.

I am confused. Don't know what is going on and why. Can the support team look into it.

Thanks 

The user name is: abduallah

The client contact me and this is what he told me... The payment has gone through on PayPal but his user group did not update.

----- he wrote this -----

My subscription start on 26 of May I payed through PayPal and it was automatic payment 

Then when my subscription is over there was no balance in my PayPal account I received massage of payment declined Then I recharge my account and I received a message of payment confirmation 

This is the steps I went through for payment , any further information needed I’m glad to offer.

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

Has the product which they purchased been removed? I am not seeing a product for that price or name present. 

I have not removed it. I renamed it from Learner to Private Coaching Learner Plan. It's the same product. Renamed it and changed price and chose that the new changes should affect only the new purchases.

----- 

One more question. Had I eliminated the product, shouldn't pending invoices be eliminated or disabled for purchase? Isn't it a flaw in logic to let users pay for an invoice that is linked to a non existent or deleted product? 

Letting a user pay for an invoice linked to a deleted product makes no sense. It should at least disable the purchase.

Thanks 

Edited by OptimusBain

Then I recharge my account and I received a message of payment confirmation

Could you provide more information as to exactly what they mean here? It sounds like this is something that has been done outside the ordinary, as from what they have said, it failed. Therefore it did indeed expire as would be expected and  the system likely did not know what to do with the payment at that point as it will have already been stated as failed

34 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could you provide more information as to exactly what they mean here? It sounds like this is something that has been done outside the ordinary, as from what they have said, it failed. Therefore it did indeed expire as would be expected and  the system likely did not know what to do with the payment at that point as it will have already been stated as failed

Yes, but the payment has gone through. He has paid the invoice and the user group hasn't been changed. Why wasn't the user group changed?  The user is complaining because he paid and he cannot access to the community. I didn't give him any access yet because I wanted to wait for your answer and not to touch anything. He is waiting and I don't know what to do and why this happened.

The product exists. It was just renamed. Payment went through and the user group wasn't changed. Why? 

See the two payments in PayPal. The last one was also paid but ACP didn't change the user group. It's been paid.

Could contain: Text, Page, Menu

Edited by OptimusBain

You appear to have missed the question there. I need to know exactly what they mean when they say it failed and they recharged it

I understand you can see it in your paypal now, but from what the user has said, they are indicating it was initially refused. Therefore thats what your admin Cp will have been told and the invoice would eventually have expired. If the payment has then been forced through afterward, the system would not really be able to account for that. This is why we need more information

48 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You appear to have missed the question there. I need to know exactly what they mean when they say it failed and they recharged it

I understand you can see it in your paypal now, but from what the user has said, they are indicating it was initially refused. Therefore thats what your admin Cp will have been told and the invoice would eventually have expired. If the payment has then been forced through afterward, the system would not really be able to account for that. This is why we need more information

I didn't miss anything 😞

He said he had no funds on PayPal. He recharged his PayPal account by adding more funds. It's very common when you use debit cards or you run out of funds. The payment could not be processed when it had to (this is also common).

Isn't that irrelevant? Why? Because there was a pending invoice that he HAS paid and the user group hasn't been changed.

Several questions here:

1. How can he pay for an invoice that has expired? If he pays, then he should get his user group updated.

2. If he pays the invoice for a product, ACP should change the user and grant new permission?

3. He forced payment??? What do you mean? How could I or the user force anything? He sees an invoice that can be paid, he pays it and that's it. He expects the access to the service he just paid, so do I 😞 I do not understand what you are trying to say. It's like everyone is doing things wrong except the software.

An invoice was paid. That's what matters here. Why doesn't the use have access to the service then??? He paid and he has no access. He cannot force anything, he just paid. He is not a hacker forcing his way into the system, he just paid 😞 and he is not enjoying the service he paid for.

I have no idea why and that's why I am asking because it makes no sense.

Edited by OptimusBain

I have created a ticket on this so we can take a look. There isnt actually an invoice other than the original one, which is likely the issue here

10 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

I didn't miss anything 😞

He said he had no funds on PayPal. He recharged his PayPal account by adding more funds. It's very common when you use debit cards or you run out of funds. The payment could not be processed when it had to (this is also common).

Sorry, thats the first time that information was given there. I was asking what he meant by what he said there. We didn't know this was due to no funds. I simply didnt know what the user meant by recharged his account.

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I have created a ticket on this so we can take a look. There isnt actually an invoice other than the original one, which is likely the issue here

13 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Thank a lot Marc. No need for now to do that. I will just refund his payment and create a new renewal for this user.