Add Cloudflare/Custom SSL to the mix?

Hi, I'm using the 4 required nameservers with Invision, with the domain registered through GoDaddy. I'm not self-hosting. If I add the 2 required nameservers from Cloudflare in GoDaddy's settings, will it break the site? Would it be better to purchase an SSL from GoDaddy themselves and point the IP to Invision, rather than messing with nameservers? Thanks.

image.thumb.png.bab29036ec1fb502b1fcf72ae3044eef.png

welp, I done it. I added an SSL by GoDaddy, followed their instructions for forums that aren't self hosted. now I just have to wait.

im pretty sure I broke something, but I won't know for at least 24-48 hours

at least GoDaddy makes it easy to start over if needed

but yeah, not gonna touch anything til I'm sure it worked or didn't work

Sorry, CloudFlare cannot be used on our Cloud. You will need to revert back to using our nameservers. We provide an SSL certificate to our customers. If this is not working or otherwise, please submit a ticket and we can assist you.

FYI. In order to install the certificate, it has to be installed into the web server itself. Meaning within IPS servers like Apache or NGINX or whatever they use. Any very that you deployed was not actually working as it should be since the only ones who could install it would be IPS. 

Part of CiC includes the same capabilities provided with CF including object caching (CDN) and bot filtering.  Adding another layer can cause issues such as JS not rendering correctly, or CiC blocking random CF IP addresses since they one or two CF IPs would be reaching out to CiC making it look like a DDoS attack. 

You’re paying for a managed service when using CiC. If you really do want to just play around with this kind of stuff you’re better off self hosted.