Honor Permissions?

Goza

How can I make a topic feed without showing other people's topic listed

• Forum has Users can see topics posted by other users? turned off
  • topic block feed has Honor permissions? turned off

a.PNG.7d3131af2ec54a408bfaee5e6f047c1d.PNG

However? It still shows other people's topic. Clicking on them would give me   You do not have permission to view this content. Error code: 2F173/H

b.thumb.PNG.dd6d489ca52fa1b2c09a124f7f7f9334.PNG

Wouldn't the topic block be saying there's no topic in this forum yet?

Edited by Goza

9 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

@Goza Log in or view this as a non-staff member. This issue is normally because staff members CAN see everything and so honoring or not honoring perms they will see these items.

This was all on a separate account that isn't a staff member privileges. 

Block

block.PNG.152de1c5178f6217b532f2394c68d371.PNG

Forum settings (I did had Users without read permission can open forum? turned on/off didn't make a difference). 

forum.thumb.PNG.4cfbcc1c2318df2f5c28ddbc0fbe13fa.PNG

forum permissions

permi.thumb.PNG.655e9063f8707c0080ba73495098b1d6.PNG

If I remove the read permission, it will remove the topics but now the member group cannot read their own topic if they submit one.

I don't know if I am missing something but I am putting a support ticket reference this topic to see what's going on. 

First and foremost, I wanted to point out that you cannot create a proper feed block of topics within forums with "Can view other users topics" disabled. No results should be returned, because we have an explicit low level block to never return topics from these forums. It is not feasible from a technological perspective as blocks are cached and reshown to users with the same permission level.

Having said that, of course the topics should not show and that is a bug which has been addressed.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I have submitted a potential fix and pending approval from our development and QA teams, this should make its way to an upcoming release. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for that at present and apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

I got news and it wasn't me 😄 If anyone else happens to stumble across this same issue that I am having.