Staff Directory

Hunter Lyons

I think the staff directory could use some retouching.

1. Allow people to be added twice to the directory. Just give a warning if they're being added twice, so people don't do it by accident. In my org, some volunteers hold 2 or even 3 very important roles. It takes a lot of messing around to get that to actually be displayed on the directory.

e0bca0470865e600da3c15de0e17fc52.png

2. When you add a Group to the directory, let us organize the people in that group. Sort by alphabet? Sort by age? Sort manually? etc. Usually when I add a whole group, I want to display the team lead or leads first, before the team members, which I can otherwise do but which takes extra work.

3. Make a 3-person and a 5-person template. 1, 2, and 4 team members per row doesn't fit every org. Most of my teams, for example, have 3 people per, and it looks odd:

f0e0a866f55de14e57e4c4f1efd26c99.png

I understand I can manually make a new template, but I think this could be helpful options to ship with.

4. Custom fields could be useful here, maybe only if you own Pages? Extensibility in this regard would generally just be really nice. 

5. Allow us to add other contact fields. For example, their email with a mail-to link, maybe social media handles, etc.  I know I could do this with a plugin, but it would be wonderful to ship with. For us, we use Discord almost 24/7 for various business discussion and casual chats. So if we could post someone's Discord handle right here that would be great. Most of the time when our community messages us, they do so on Discord. Obviously this will vary by community, as different folks use different communications channels, so extensibility & customizability is key.

This is just a rough list. Biggest thing I'd kill to see is just #1.

Edited by Hunter Lyons

While a few extra templates never hurt anyone I will say that extensibility is already there for 3-5 through custom Staff directory templates.

This includes adding any custom details from their profile that you see fit as well as being able to make the variable sized layouts.

• 2 years later...