moderators for only a certain "sub-forum"

arbee

Off course you can. Open your ACP, go to Members > Moderators; click on Add Moderator, switch to "Member" or "Group", It depends on what you want. After add your Member or Group to Moderators, edit their configurations, go to "Forums" tab and select which forums you want to moderate. 

5 hours ago, niKee said:

Off course you can. Open your ACP, go to Members > Moderators; click on Add Moderator, switch to "Member" or "Group", It depends on what you want. After add your Member or Group to Moderators, edit their configurations, go to "Forums" tab and select which forums you want to moderate. 

Thanks so much!  I have been trying to figure this out for a long time by myself but couldn't figure it out.  I will use what you said as a guideline and experiment if it works out the way I think it will.  Will report back.  Thanks again!

6 hours ago, niKee said:

So I've created a new "Group" that's supposed to only have moderator access to a certain forum.  Assigned a test user to that new group.  That test user still has moderator access to all forums.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.  I'll test a bit more.  My forum version is 4.0.13 (100044) which is not the latest stable version of 4.0.13.1 .  I assume this isn't the issue though.

Create a mod as described above. After that go to ACP->Moderators, choose the user and click on edit. Go to the Content-Tab and click on "uncheck all". Now you will see some new Tabs. Go to the forum Tab and change the settings to your need. These settings will give permission to the user only for the selected forum/s.

Edit: tested with 4.1 hope it's the same for 4.0

Archived