IPB : Enable BBcode ?

Durango

This is the IPB 4 Tech Support and Look and Feel doesn't exist anymore. I haven't seen anywhere to manage BB Code either, I asked in one of the other forums for a list but didn't get a response. It would be useful. (This would be for ongoing, not existing content unlike the OP)

BB codes are being phased out with 4.0. So there is no BB management anymore. 

You can add BB-Code-like buttons under Customization → Toolbars → Add Button → Custom

But that wont convert BB codes in old posts. That must have happen during the 3.4 to 4.0 upgrade or the conversion from another forum system. 

I made a post about doing SQL queries to fix these. As IPB staffers noted - it's not recommended, but for whatever reason (most likely, not having a clean database due to it being a 10+ year old community with a lot of crap in it) I had the same issues, so wrote some queries. They're not perfect, and you need to be careful and back up. But if you're going through this process anyway, you might find some of them useful. I'm happy with how my old content looks, but I'm aware there's damaged posts amongst them.

Archived