IPB3 - Fast Reply Box Doesn't Display Consistently

ptrader

Anyone else have problems with the FAST REPLY box not displaying consistently?

I'm seeing it show up this way on multiple machines, operating systems, and displays, on all skins including the default IPB one, so I don't know what to think.

When a page is redrawn, the FAST REPLY box will often show huge icons and you can't click into the reply box. This is what it looks like:

post-26240-125719642301_thumb.jpg

Any help?

This bug is very, very confusing to me. It has been reported by a few people. No-one on staff has ever been able to reproduce it, which makes tracking down the cause very difficult. What's more, it's just plain old HTML, and a javascript call to Element.hide(). Totally confused as to why that would result in what you see. We'll keep on investigating and see if we can figure it out.

Rikki, the only information I have been able to get from my users who have got this issue is that they are using the RTE editor..

I'm tempted to say it's something to do with the way it's called into the page and is then hidden, rather than being hidden, then called when required (unless that is how it is already.. in which case, this whole post is useless)

pinch.png

Archived