IP.Board SEO/FURL

Guest Tarun

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IPG is very good supported by CSEO - if You want test - don't hesitate to look my site - agrofoto.pl

I would say the opposite considring it does not support the image name/title in the furl. Proper photo tagging is key and I hope that IPS highlights this in their version.

The beauty of having IPB with it's own SEO setup/FURL is that future compatibility is assured. If your third party addon decides to shut down or goes out of business, your screwed and stuck with duplicate content in the search engines next time you upgrade... this is why I have waited for Invisionpower to see the light and realise this will make IPB a dynamite product. I can't wait to get my dynamic URL's rewritten with IPB... as long as the correct 301 headers are produced and the options are fully configurable.

IMO CSEO was a waste of money and if you took that route, I forsee big trouble for you if you try to dump it and switch to IPB's own SEO. Repeatedly changing your URL structure is disaterous for your search rank... you need to decide on a system and stick to it.
The fact that CSEO uses and promotes stats inflation should have been a warning sign. There are no shortcuts in bringing a community to critical mass... besides, critical SEO can be achieved free of charge and quite easily.

Archived