Custom template

Adlago

24 minutes ago, Marc said:

Im not sure what you mean by "add" it. Are you looking to insert code somewhere within it?

Example: I have created a custom template that only contains a link-rel   preload for image.
This template I want to add before close the head tag in my theme.

1 hour ago, Baian007 said:

Select your theme and choose the template option.

1. You can create a custom template.
  2. Create a custom template and select to hook it to a specific template.

That's what I saw. But there is no option anywhere to add a custom template in the head, ie. this custom template does not contain any code to change or add to the different parts of the site, but only contains a link rel preload, or prefetch - and should be added to the head in site.
Or, as in the theme editor there is a Custom CSS that adds inline CSS directly to the site head, so there should also be a Custom template in the theme editor, so that optimization preloads, prefetch, etc. can be easily entered.

29 minutes ago, Adlago said:

That's what I saw. But there is no option anywhere to add a custom template in the head

I'll add in the 2 steps, if you wish to use a custom template. But you really only need to do one, which is adding your code in as a HOOK directly in the place you want it.

Anyway...

Step 1: custom template

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Step 2: adding it in before the </head>

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Nathan Explosion

OK - your actual issue has now been fleshed out to be clearer. Good luck - sounds to me like you may have an issue with static\templates\core_front_global.php not containing the correct template information for beta 1. If I was you, I'd ensure that all of your files are replaced with the ones in the current beta 1 download package.

4 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

OK - your actual issue has now been fleshed out to be clearer. Good luck - sounds to me like you may have an issue with static\templates\core_front_global.php not containing the correct template information for beta 1. If I was you, I'd ensure that all of your files are replaced with the ones in the current beta 1 download package.

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Plot, Number, Symbol

13 minutes ago, Adlago said:

I have now downloaded Beta 1 again.
I compared the size of front global php file - exactly the same

I also re-uploaded the templates directory, cleared the site cache - the situation with the list is the same - missing front/ global/ globalTemplate

Feel free to add that to the bug tracker