Easy Way To Turn Posting Off?

Gary Lewis

In a few days our Nabble forum is to be converted to Invision.  And while we go through the conversion and sort some things out we'd like to be able to turn posting off.  I know we could do that via editing group permissions, but that seems like a lot of work that will take time and be a source of problems if we don't get it put back like it should be.

So is there an easy way to turn posting off?  One button to make it visible but not usable?

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

Ok, sounds good.  But please explain how to that.  And, if we do that will we still be able to see it to see that the changes we make are correct?

ACP -> System -> General Configuration -> disable "Site Online". If a group's setting enables them to has access to your community offline, they will still be able to access and individuals that do not will be not allowed in and shown the message there.

30 minutes ago, Jim M said:

ACP -> System -> General Configuration -> disable "Site Online". If a group's setting enables them to has access to your community offline, they will still be able to access and individuals that do not will be not allowed in and shown the message there.

Perfect!  I wondered what offline access meant, and now I know.  Thanks much.