Registration Process Questions

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Think you’re over complicating the promotion rules. Why not just have 1 rule that when approved post count > 0 they get moved?

Ok, I'm lost.  I'm looking at the options and I don't see anything that says "approved post count".   But in Filter By Badges I see "First Post".  Is that what you mean?  What am I missing?  (I'm probably overcomplicating again.)

7 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

So, with that set I don't need anything else in that rule?  I can turn filter by badges and filter by ranks off.  Right?

Correct, in your mentioned implementation, there is no need to have these badges/ranks set.

Ok, so far so good.  But when does the system do the promotions?  I ask because we have several people with gobs of points but show as New Members for whatever reason.  And I don't want them to have to jump through all the hoops we set up for new members.

Group Promotion rules are checked when a member's data is saved to the database for whatever reason (their last visit date changes, they make a post, they update their signature, etc).

Unless they login and/or do some kind of action that updates their account (even the last visit date change), the rules are not checked.

If you don't want to wait, do a mass search for members with at least 1 post in the New Member group and manually move them to the Regular Member group.

23 hours ago, teraßyte said:

If you don't want to wait, do a mass search for members with at least 1 post in the New Member group and manually move them to the Regular Member group.

Perfect!  Even I could follow that advice.  I moved about 1200 members with a few clicks.  👍