GTM changes not updating in code

Go to solution Solved by Orioni,

Good afternoon. Yesterday, I modified the settings for my integrations of GTM and GA4. Today, nearly 24 hours later, I still don't see changes reflected in the code.

What's I've done so far to test:

• Clear System Caches
  • Test with a different theme
  • Test with a different browser
  • Applied the most recent patch to v4.7.17 to see if that does anything

What might be causing the integrations to not update? How do I debug this problem? Am I correct in assuming that the GTM integration is automatically added to each page?

I am using an 'Invision Community in the Cloud', and wanted to ask here before launching a support ticket. Perhaps this issue is relatively easy to solve.

These should indeed update right away (minus a small amount of caching for guests on cloud). If you remove this entirely, is it being removed from the source? Just so we can rule out it just not showing what you expect?

Posted (edited)

@Marc When I disable both integrations (GTM and GA), nothing changes in the code.

• Expected behaviour: the GTM container is added/removed when enabling/disabling the integration.
  • Actual behaviour: an old UA-version of the GA embed code is in the head.
Edited by Orioni

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Solved by support via email.

The problem was a customised theme that was no longer receiving new code updates. This also meant the GTM/GA4 integrations weren't loading.

The solution was reverted those customisations, and implementing them via the appropriate manner. Thanks to this, the global template was up to par, and the integrations began working correctly.

Edited by Orioni