Designers Mode Import Issue.

Designers Mode Import Bug.

When in Designer Mode, synchronizing changes will cause templates in custom groups to be orphaned and the core_theme_templates template_set_id will be set to 0 for the template regardless of which theme set_id they belong too.

Due to this, custom groups and templates will show in all Themes, and not the theme they originally belonged too.

For example: Theme ID 1: Before synchronizing changes.

Could contain: Page, Text

Theme ID 3: Before synchronizing changes. ipsgroup is a custom group with custom templates.

Could contain: Page, Text, Menu

Theme ID 1: After synchronizing changes:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

The custom group and templates from Theme ID 3, will now appear in all installed themes, regardless of which theme they originally came from. The reason for this is due to when they are imported, the core_theme_templates template set_id is set to 0 rather than the theme ID they belong too.

As you can see, the second column (template_set_id) is set to 0, this should be set to the theme ID 3.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Text

Steps to produce.

1. Copy and rename the default theme, (Or download this theme Copy of Default .xml, and install it.)
  2. Edit the HTML and CSS,
  3. Click on the New Button, Template,
  4. Add an HTML template, and choose 'create new group' and add a group name, then save.
  5. In the Themes ACP, click on the Designer's Mode Button, and enable Designers' Mode.
  6. Click on the Designer's Mode Enabled button, Disable Designers Mode, with Synchronize changes enabled and the click next.
  7. Once all changes have been imported, your custom group and templates will display in all of your themes templates.

In some cases, the name of the Theme will be changed from their original name to use the 'Default' theme name.

Not to discredit what has happened here but was this all performed once you resolved your previous issues? Have you checked your server error log to ensure your server is not disrupting this either?

48 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Not to discredit what has happened here but was this all performed once you resolved your previous issues? Have you checked your server error log to ensure your server is not disrupting this either?

This was done after I resolved the other issues.

This is something that has been happening for a long time, but this is the first time that I have really looked into the problem.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.