Converting from Physical product to Subscription

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello - I have not yet changed my Store in the forum to subscriptions. I still use "Physical product" when members buy upgrade in memberships. I understand that this is deprecated in next version - I need to alter this as a first step.

My question: When I use the "Convert to subscriptions" in my ACP on each product, what happens then? Does the expiry dates and stuff also get copied over and does the members get any emails about the change? Do I need to "warn" them beforehand?

Also - what do I need to alter in my store after I take the change? Is it kept the same?

7 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

still use "Physical product" when members buy upgrade in memberships. I understand that this is deprecated in next version - I need to alter this as a first step.

Digital products are not deprecated, only physical products which need to be physically shipped. 

7 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Digital products are not deprecated, only physical products which need to be physically shipped. 

Ok thanks. So I have this message above my store and there is a mix of physical products and «premium memberships» in menu there but then I can just stick with my settings as they are - is that correct?

Could contain: File, Text, Page, Webpage

• Solution
2 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Ok thanks. So I have this message above my store and there is a mix of physical products and «premium memberships» in menu there but then I can just stick with my settings as they are - is that correct?

Could contain: File, Text, Page, Webpage

If you have physical products that require to be shipped, those will not be around in version 5. The digital products will remain. That orange warning is presented to all with Commerce.