Last modified date

Is it normal that not all the PHP files and folders have their last modified date changed after I update the software? If the dates are not getting updated, I think my backup solution won't be able to tell which files were updated, and it will not back up the new files after an update. Most files on my server still have the original date from when I installed the software years ago.

On 6/2/2024 at 12:36 PM, Randy Calvert said:

The last modified date would only change if there was a code change in that file.  It’s not an IPB issue. Thats just how file systems work. 🙂

Ok, I just found it strange that after so many updates, most files dates have not changed. I use other PHP apps, and all the last modified dates change after I update them.

15 minutes ago, Donnie95 said:

Ok, I just found it strange that after so many updates, most files dates have not changed. I use other PHP apps, and all the last modified dates change after I update them.

Depends how they update them. If they provide all files of the software application and those "dates" on the file are updated by their file generator then it will show updated when you upload that to your server. 

Our automatic updater only downloads files which have changed thus your file system won't see that the files weren't touched or modified.