Jump to content

Product renewal trough stripe instead of MANUAL


Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Recommended Posts

Hi there!

I have a product with a manual payment (the only valid payment for this product), but on renewal it tries to bill automatically through stripe instead of just creating a bill with manual payment.

screen.thumb.png.77ae1675053e9f24a2cfbb22dddc3cf1.png

This is from product->store settings

"codice predator" is a manual payment while the second one is stripe (but it is disabled for this product).

What can I do to avoid automatic billing through stripe (even when it's disabled for the given product)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did the user first initially setup their subscription via Stripe? If so, you would need to break that renewal. If not, could you please provide a user example of this happening?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Did the user first initially setup their subscription via Stripe? If so, you would need to break that renewal. If not, could you please provide a user example of this happening?

No, this product was made to be used only with manual payment.

For example: Transaction #8105 is a refused transaction with stripe (shouldn't exist)

Or: Transaction #8083 (made and refunded)

All these failed transactions were tried to be paid through stripe, while the product shouldn't be able to access that payment method

screen1.png.83dbd794b2d0aa3ce4683f1a59ae52b7.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Both those users have cards on file so any renewal invoice is generated, auto-payment of those would be utilized.

But why? This product should have no access to stripe payment method

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GiulioPua said:

But why? This product should have no access to stripe payment method

I'm afraid, this is the currently the intended process for renewals if the user opts into automatic renewals. You're more than welcome to post in our Feature Suggestion forum to change this process if you disagree with that but I'm afraid, here in support, I can only tell you what is the intended functionality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I'm afraid, this is the currently the intended process for renewals if the user opts into automatic renewals. You're more than welcome to post in our Feature Suggestion forum to change this process if you disagree with that but I'm afraid, here in support, I can only tell you what is the intended functionality.

It's not possible, because when stripe method is not selected as a possible payment method for the product, users are not able to see it when they buy the product through manual payment. 

So they are NOT giving their permission to use their cc.

Also, when both methods are enabled, user can't purchase without giving a cc number.

But when stripe is disabled for the product, user can buy without giving cc number for renewals (manual only).

 

So the option of selected available payment methods is just NOT HONOURED.

For example: why the setting of "Available to (countries)" in payment settings is honoured and available payment method is not honoured?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GiulioPua said:

It's not possible, because when stripe method is not selected as a possible payment method for the product, users are not able to see it when they buy the product through manual payment. 

So they are NOT giving their permission to use their cc.

Also, when both methods are enabled, user can't purchase without giving a cc number.

But when stripe is disabled for the product, user can buy without giving cc number for renewals (manual only).

 

So the option of selected available payment methods is just NOT HONOURED.

For example: why the setting of "Available to (countries)" in payment settings is honoured and available payment method is not honoured?

I'm afraid, these users have credit cards on file somehow. You can look at their profiles in the ACP. This may be from a previous iteration of this product or another but they have cards stored on their profile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

I'm afraid, these users have credit cards on file somehow. You can look at their profiles in the ACP. This may be from a previous iteration of this product or another but they have cards stored on their profile.

Yes, they could, but why you give the option to choose available payment methods for PRODUCT if then this option is not honoured?

I'm choosing to not give access to stripe payments for this product, so why then it can access cards on file?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, GiulioPua said:

Yes, they could, but why you give the option to choose available payment methods for PRODUCT if then this option is not honoured?

I'm choosing to not give access to stripe payments for this product, so why then it can access cards on file?

I'm afraid, currently, this is how the software operates and as mentioned, I can only tell you in support the intended functionality of the software today. If you would like to see a change of it, please post up your suggestion in our Feature Suggestion forum. I am sorry this is not the answer you want but hope this helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I'm afraid, currently, this is how the software operates and as mentioned, I can only tell you in support the intended functionality of the software today. If you would like to see a change of it, please post up your suggestion in our Feature Suggestion forum. I am sorry this is not the answer you want but hope this helps.

Just to let you know that available payment method setting is NOT working as intended, because in the setting description is written:

"Customers will only be able to pay for this product and renewals with the payment methods selected" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GiulioPua said:

Just to let you know that available payment method setting is NOT working as intended, because in the setting description is written:

"Customers will only be able to pay for this product and renewals with the payment methods selected" 

That may be a typo in our description as I have discussed this with our developers and it is intended to function the way you're seeing it function where any card stored would be used. I'm sorry for any confusion from the description and will report that internally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...