Hump Day: Announcing Invision Community's new swag store!

hump.png

Happy Hump Day, team! Wanted to share something extra special with you.

We launched an Invision Community swag store!

We'll periodically add new items here, including exclusive designs. For now, we started with items repping our logo. 😎 

Our team had first dibs and, not going to lie, we're all looking pretty darn spiffy. People still say spiffy, right? Anyway... we'd be honored if you wanted to rock Invision Community offline. If not, totally cool, too! 

Our shop does ship internationally by the way. 😊 

Check out all the items by clicking the link:

shop.invisioncommunity.com

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 11.51.58 AM.png

You're going to look so good! 

While I've got you, feast your eyes on the latest round of updates/changes to the platform in the last week (btw, I hope you've updated to our latest release, 4.6.11!). 

- Fixed an issue where attempting to purchase a product that isn't allowed for the member, didn't show an error message when signing in during checkout.
- Fixed the broken "achievements to show" widget setting.
- Added additional logging when disabling third party items via the support tool.
- Fixed an issue where passwords from WPForo may not work following a conversion.
- YouTube embeds will now load from the youtube-nocookie.com domain.
- Fixed an issue where deleting an item would return an error when the item had no valid URL.

Feel free to post any comments/questions/requests about the swag store here and we'll get back to ya! 

Disappointed that the store was not built with Commerce....

Why do you guys not use your own products? Support with Commerce is ceased, now brand shop with Shopify. What next? Moving community blog to WordPress? Gallery to Instagram? Clubs to Facebook groups and Calendar to Google? Then "just" connect everything with Zapier. 

will yakub memon GIF

18 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Why do you guys not use your own products? Support with Commerce is ceased, now brand shop with Shopify. What next? Moving community blog to WordPress? Gallery to Instagram? Clubs to Facebook groups and Calendar to Google? Then "just" connect everything with Zapier. 

will yakub memon GIF

Commerce is still epic. We wanted to use something that could handle the fulfillment process since we are hard at work on new features rolling out this year. 😊 

16 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Commerce is still epic.

Its pretty dead as far as any revamp or major updates go like pages.....

16 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

We wanted to use something that could handle the fulfillment process

Then do a major update of Commerce and make it happen

17 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

since we are hard at work on new features rolling out this year.

A major upgrade to Pages & Commerce ? Or do you mean they have yet again got missed off the agenda and its just forums......

Not trying to be negative, just how I feel.  As others above have said, aside from things like Zapier that you almost never her members talk about, what new features have we seen?  I only update my support because I'm still waiting on a bug fix I reported a long time ago.

Instead of meaningful updates, we get mostly bug fixes, and a new store, not using your software.  I don't think there will be many purchases of an IPS hoodie, but I could be wrong.

5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Commerce is still epic. We wanted to use something that could handle the fulfillment process since we are hard at work on new features rolling out this year. 😊

I think more than ever sites are looking at any means they can to help monetize their sites as expenses to run their sites keep increasing.  <Here's looking at you IPS>

Are any "new features" in the pipeline this year likely to appreciably help us to further monetize our sites?  We can't effectively compete against Social Media companies by "trying" to replicate their feature set so why are we chasing down that path?

A conversation we should be having is what unique features could we collectively come up with to entice people to spend their precious time on our sites and cover our expenses more readily and maybe make a few dollars for ourselves. 💰

• Management
10 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Not trying to be negative, just how I feel.  As others above have said, aside from things like Zapier that you almost never her members talk about, what new features have we seen?  I only update my support because I'm still waiting on a bug fix I reported a long time ago.

Instead of meaningful updates, we get mostly bug fixes, and a new store, not using your software.  I don't think there will be many purchases of an IPS hoodie, but I could be wrong.

Anyone that does by an Invision Community hoodie may look as cool as me (but I doubt it tbh) 😆

swag.jpg

15 hours ago, Sonya* said:

will yakub memon GIF

I agree. Creating a shop outside IPS says a lot about Commerce and what they are doing, well, what they are NOT doing. Crazy!

Now IPS is focused on selling t-shirts instead of listening to it's clients @Jordan Miller . You are wasting your resources on selling a bunch of t shirts instead of listening to your clients, those who pay you every year to get your support.

This is the last thing I expected to see 😞 IPS is a software developer, not a apparel store.

15 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Commerce is still epic. We wanted to use something that could handle the fulfillment process since we are hard at work on new features rolling out this year.

Jordan, why don't you say what you have in store for your clients instead of playing a quizz game about what we think you might be working on? 

I know you want engagement, but if you read many of your client's posts, there is a lot of people out there that think IPS is not listening to them, myself included.

I would recommend that you were clear and transparent about what new features you are working on. It won't help engaging members, but it will make many of us Happy because we will know what you are working besides working on a shop to sell t-shirts and not using the Commerce module.

6 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

I agree. Creating a shop outside IPS says a lot about Commerce and what they are doing, well, what they are NOT doing. Crazy!

Oh, you mean...

What they're doing well by focusing on their core competencies rather than trying to do in-house embroidery and order fulfillment of apparel? 

6 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Now IPS is focused on selling t-shirts instead of listening to it's clients @Jordan Miller . You are wasting your resources on selling a bunch of t shirts instead of listening to your clients, those who pay you every year to get your support.

This is the last thing I expected to see 😞 IPS is a software developer, not a apparel store.

You made my point for me before I made it myself.  Thanks.

Some of y'all are just looking for rocks to throw at people, and in absence of rocks will try to hurl an embroidered hoodie at them instead.   Do better.

• Management
17 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Take a deep breath. It's going to be OK.

Jordan is not "focused on selling t-shirts". That's a weird statement to make considering he posted a link. It is not like his 9-5 job is now revolving around t-shirt sales. As much as I'd love to have a "Director, T-Shirt Sales" in the company, we're not quite big enough for that yet.

Because we opened a store, it does not mean that we no longer have capacity to serve customers. That's bizarre thinking.

Invision Community developers have had nothing to do with a store, so rest assured, they also are not full time "t-shirt sales executives".

We haven't pivoted into apparel. We just opened a store.

We chose to not use commerce because we wanted to use a service that can take orders, issue invoices, take payments AND fulfil the orders without any of us having to do a thing.

If we did use commerce, then our developers would have needed a few months to write new features and APIs, and Jordan will, ironically, be a full time t-shirt executive as he'd be picking, packing and posting.

Which everyone states they don't want us to do. 🙂 

It's really quite normal to have a marketing and sales department. It's not like when Pepsi needs a new advert creating they have to close the factory and re-assign factory staff to do it.

Also please PLEASE stop singling out Jordan for criticism just because he is the one that posts here.

If you have criticism, then please direct it at me. Thanks 🙂

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Also please PLEASE stop singling out Jordan for criticism just because he is the one that posts here.

If you have criticism, then please direct it at me. Thanks 🙂

@Matt I'm going to single you out for those guitars in the background of your pic (above).  What've you got back there?  🙂

Fuel for another thread I guess.  😉