Error 500 with no logs

Hey there,

I'm facing issues with my community showing the following when trying to enter admincp.

image.png.897c5e4952fbca03cc5509fed9ce29a8.png

For the main page only shows a 500 error, however I can't really figure out how to fix this since there's no actual log files inside upload/logs, even the folder has 0777 permissions.

To add more context this seem to happen when I clicked save in the Files advanced config when selecting AWS (sync seemed to be dead and just clicked save to try to refresh the process).

Edited by MisterQuestions

The HTTP status code 500 is a generic error response. It means that the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request. This error is usually returned by the server when no other error code is suitable.

You need to check the server logs, or get your host to check them.

Edited by Muddy Boots

Tried reinstalling my board. Went immediatly to adding a File storage with AWS S3, and selected all the files to be migrated. The system seem to break all the templates immediatly and can't really fix it myself.

image.thumb.png.ce47d820de9d05e51e9b28dceb6d9491.png

image.thumb.png.27130c0258e10427b8737dcedd9ede45.png

Tried navigating into the "Support tool and clicking clear cache", seems to do nothing btw.

Edited by MisterQuestions

This is the traceback when trying to run the clear cache.

InvalidArgumentException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/layux.io/public/system/File/File.php(326): IPS\_Image::create()
#1 /var/www/layux.io/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(709): IPS\_File::create()
#2 /var/www/layux.io/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(4495) : eval()'d code(3399): IPS\_Theme->resource()
#3 /var/www/layux.io/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(5348): IPS\Theme\css_core_global___framework_css()
#4 /var/www/layux.io/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(2556): IPS\_Theme::writeCss()
#5 /var/www/layux.io/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(621): IPS\_Theme->compileCss()
#6 /var/www/layux.io/public/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(54): IPS\_Theme->css()
#7 /var/www/layux.io/public/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(89): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseCss()
#8 /var/www/layux.io/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#9 /var/www/layux.io/public/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#10 {main}

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

49 minutes ago, MisterQuestions said:

I really needed to get that fixed, so I reinstalled the software, wont attempt to use S3 since it seems kind of unstable (had 3 errors like yesterday when enabling it)

The majority of our customers have S3 as the primary storage, so its actually very stable. There was clearly some issue there which related to your specific site. If you decide to use it again and have an issue, please ensure access is up to date and let us know if you hit the issue

As a tip, one thing that helped me when I first moved from local storage to S3 was to do only 1 or 2 conversions at a time and I started with the less impactful things.  For example, the first thing I moved was club images....  then store products, etc.  As I gained confidence, I moved onto the more important things.  I did JS and CSS second to last since they're fast moving and could happen without a lot of impact to the user after switching.  Then finally the uploads/attachments since there was a lot of those and it took the most time.  (By then I was very confident it would work.)