Group-specific starting point

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

There isn't currently any facility for doing this within the platform. What is it you are trying to achieve however? In most instances where this is the case, it tends to be for advertising subscription sign up. If you can give more information, there may actually be ways around this, by suppressing items from certain groups, amending error pages etc

I have two groups of members. I'd like for each group to start at a Page that is specific to them. Group 1 would see Page 1 as their "home page". Group 2 would see page 2 as their "home page". Neither group will see the other group's "home page". Currently, everyone logs in and they get the front page of the Forum. Because the two groups have access to different things, I'd like a "home page" that gives them a good starting point with relevant information for their specific group.

• Solution

The only way to do this within the software itself, would be instead of creating 2 pages, you just create 1 with different blocks that the different groups can see. 

Example

Topic feed - Thats fine as people can only see their own
WYSIWYG block - Permission only given to group A
WYSIWYG block - Permission only given to group B
Some page builder block- Permission only given to group A
Some page builder block- Permission only given to group B

And so on

You would need to create custom blocks in your admin CP. You can then add those custom blocks using the custom block type on the front end. By doing it this way, you can apply permissions to each block

Just to add, thank you for your question. I have added this as an internal note for creating guides on. It's a nice little project others may find helpful

• 3 weeks later...