XAMPP Configuration - Test Board

Recently installed XAMPP for my local host and installed ipb test board onto it. I have activated my license on it and included the -TESTINSTALL at end of it.

I need to make sure my local server is able to communicate with IPS license servers. Is this something that needs to be set manually or does it do it automatically when installed? I have the newest version of XAMPP for Windows and IP.Board 3.4.6

Any tips here would be very helpful. Thanks

Does your localhost have network access?

Run the connection checker. ACP > Support > Diagnostics > Connection Checker.

Thanks for the quick response!

I ran the connection checker and saw "Connection Check Successful" listed twice. Does that mean that it is communicating with the IPS license servers?

That proves you have network access.

If you're using a default XAMPP, there is no reason any rules would be setup to block the license servers if you can access invisionpower.com.

What do you get when you try and stick in the license key, with your -TESTINSTALL of course?

That proves you have network access.

If you're using a default XAMPP, there is no reason any rules would be setup to block the license servers if you can access invisionpower.com.

What do you get when you try and stick in the license key, with your -TESTINSTALL of course?

-T**********

Did the key install correctly?

Oh, have you activated your license on your live install yet?

Have you already activated your test install on a different domain?

Yes key installed correctly.

Yes I did activate license on live install.

Yes I have activated my license for test install through my ACP after the installation through XAMPP. As far as different domain, I created a test MySql Database for it in myphpadmin and the test board is showing at:

localhost/test

Once you activate your test install key, you're locked to that location. So if you initially activated at localhost/testtest and are now trying to activate on localhost/test, it won't work.

Realistically, you don't HAVE to put in your test install key. The site is not accessible to the outside world, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Once you activate your test install key, you're locked to that location. So if you initially activated at localhost/testtest and are now trying to activate on localhost/test, it won't work.

Realistically, you don't HAVE to put in your test install key. The site is not accessible to the outside world, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Appears to be set correctly. I appreciate your fast feedback a lot Aiwa:)

Archived