Mutiple chat room per groups

RObiN-HoOD

• 2 weeks later...

I agree this would be helpful. Almost every chat software out there has the ability to have nearly unlimited private (password required) & public chat rooms. Look at Ajaxchat, FlashChat by Tufat and so on....those are fairly cheap, allow unlimited number of people, integrate with other forums easily and so on. Of course they don't integrate with IPB3.2.3 only 2.0ish (trust me I've search everywhere as I need multi-room capabilities ASAP).

When you allow groups on your forum and blogs, there should be away to allow them in the chat.

However, I wouldn't stop there.

The admin should be able to make as many different 'rooms' within IP Chat. For example, say it's a baseball site --- 1 room for each team so that fans of those teams could chat together in their own room.

Then on the ACP side add the groups that can access those rooms with some functions/options for each board like

• private chatting allowed yes/no
  • bb code allowed yes/no
  • html allowed yes/no
  • password protected yes/no (if yes - Password = ____________)
  • the ability to add a small image for each room (like an avatar for the board itself)
  • and so on.

I believe if you can implement that (and fairly fast) this would completely make IPS's forum/chat/blog combination the best on the internet. Which of course would be nice on the wallet. So many other forum software offer this............. of course none as clean, crisp, user or admin friendly as IPBoard/Chat/Blog :laugh:

If you look at the number of reads between the two recent topics about multiroom/private room there are a few thousand people that agree.
So Dec 1st release date sound good? :rofl:

• 1 month later...

I couldn't wait any longer and found a way to do this. Arrowchat allows the creation of unlimited chatrooms and fully integrates with IP 3.2.3.

I'm hoping that you guys really start looking hard at IP Chat because I know of at least one member (with a 250 user subscription) is not renewing the IP Chat license

I looked at arrowchat a while back but their IPB board demo was offline.... that kinda settled that.

I'm running 3.2.3 and it works 100%. I have 500 members and anywhere from 30-60 users on at any one time. 30 chatrooms. Shared server and the slowdown is non-existent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you allow groups on your forum and blogs, there should be away to allow them in the chat.

However, I wouldn't stop there.

The admin should be able to make as many different 'rooms' within IP Chat. For example, say it's a baseball site --- 1 room for each team so that fans of those teams could chat together in their own room.

Then on the ACP side add the groups that can access those rooms with some functions/options for each board like

• private chatting allowed yes/no
  • bb code allowed yes/no
  • html allowed yes/no
  • password protected yes/no (if yes - Password = ____________)
  • the ability to add a small image for each room (like an avatar for the board itself)
  • and so on.

I believe if you can implement that (and fairly fast) this would completely make IPS's forum/chat/blog combination the best on the internet. Which of course would be nice on the wallet. So many other forum software offer this............. of course none as clean, crisp, user or admin friendly as IPBoard/Chat/Blog %7Boption%7D

If you look at the number of reads between the two recent topics about multiroom/private room there are a few thousand people that agree.

So Dec 1st release date sound good? %7Boption%7D

Is there any talk of upgrading IP Chat in the near future? Looking at the number of views to this topic it seems to be very popular. Could IP gives us some feedback please?

Archived