forthcoming birthday

*Salvo*

Is there a way, or somebody else before me requested this option: set to a month the forthcoming birthday (until the board is almost new), instead of 24H? So, all we should know in advance when someone has his/her birthdate.
It should be nice to have this set on admin cp, and in stats, on mouse over, see the exact birth date.

Thank you for your answer (hopefully).

There is no built-in way to achieve what you're asking, the birthdays list on the board index can only show today's birthdays.

If you want a guaranteed response, you need to open a ticket. The forums are for peer-to-peer support, and staff support as they are available, support here in the forums is not guaranteed.

There is no built-in way to achieve what you're asking, the birthdays list on the board index can only show today's birthdays.

If you want a guaranteed response, you need to open a ticket. The forums are for peer-to-peer support, and staff support as they are available, support here in the forums is not guaranteed.

No guaranteed responses from tickets, if the request is for something like that (I didn't, but I can understand). But you know..sometime it's enough to have a "it isn't possible, bye", but even an answer, instead of a total ignoring behaviour. I'm not a guest, hope you know what I mean, and if I ask for something is because it should be a my need. Like many many others totally ignored.
BTW, this is my today's dish.
Thanks for your response. Understood "it is not possible" to have a month in advance on the board index the birthday's named.
Bye-

No guaranteed responses from tickets, if the request is for something like that (I didn't, but I can understand). But you know..sometime it's enough to have a "it isn't possible, bye", but even an answer, instead of a total ignoring behaviour. I'm not a guest, hope you know what I mean, and if I ask for something is because it should be a my need. Like many many others totally ignored.

BTW, this is my today's dish.

Thanks for your response. Understood "it is not possible" to have a month in advance on the board index the birthday's named.

Bye-

To be fair, you did post this in the wrong forum, this is the forum for feedback, not for "how do I..." type questions. IPS has always said they do not respond to every topic in the feedback forums, but they do look there to see what is being requested when it comes time to look for new features to be added to their products.

The tech support forums, as I mentioned, are primarily peer-to-peer. So if you're not getting a response in there, it's mostly due to your fellow customers not knowing the answer. There are folks like myself and others that take time out of our days to help answer questions there, but we don't always get them all. Like I said, if you want a guaranteed response from IPS, you have to open a ticket. They may tell you that what you want isn't possible without changes to the software, like in this case, but they won't simply ignore your question.

If you're ever not satisfied with how much support you get on the forums, consider how much support you offer to others. People like myself give a whole lot more support than we receive, but we're in the minority.

Michael, I've been moderator on SMF for a lot of time, and responsed morning noon and night to the people, as I felt mine that software. Free, as we were for free. Things has changed now, that I pay for a software, not in better ways. It isn't OK here, well, I give up. Now I know that the best friend of mine here is the "search" button, not the live assistance. Don't feel alone in giving support, Michael. Maybe here yes, I'm unable, but elswewhere I use to give a help, as I have it too in return.

Archived