Moderating team

vesperala

My assistant feature disappeared...
On main page moderators are not listed, with FORUM LED BY

so, how can an user find the list with all moderators?? if he needs it quickly?
he cannot, I know.

just down main page, on statistics, a small link: moderating team...

isn't too much? what is wrong people here? on most of boards:
- moderators are not payed, they like to see their name on main page... you do not care about.
-users need to report private conversations, no button for this either

no list with moderators?!

well, this should be the strategy of the future: build an wall between us and ours members, like you already built here, between us and ips stuff.
we need something, but who cares? nobody listen.
I suppose soon we need a BUZZ button to show that we are not just some stupid names on a screen. we can be quite boring sometimes, I know.

[quote name='No1 1000' date='16 July 2009 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1247752441' post='1827050']
There already is a report button in conversations, if you've set it up.

it is...but is not redirected to X/Y/. is for all simultaneously.
is sent to an entire team...

who will use such a thing?
old redirected link allow to each member to send that to moderator X, not to all moderators.

belive me, if someone curse your mother you do not want that thing to be public to everyone.

I'm not sure what you are referring to, to be honest. There was no report private message function in IPB 2 at all. There is now.

If your members used to just forward the PM, they can now invite a moderator to the conversation, which accomplishes the same goal.

[quote name='bfarber' date='16 July 2009 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1247754117' post='1827069']

If your members used to just forward the PM, they can now invite a moderator to the conversation, which accomplishes the same goal.

no is not the same.

because I could eg forward a spam, message without letting the person who sent it know about that.
now, I cannot sent that message to someone without spectators, can I?

my post was about few problems, can you not minimize it to just one problem??

My assistant feature was purposefully removed

Moderating team link is in same spot and *nearly* the same size as it was in 2.3.x. If you think it should be made bigger, that's what the skin system is for. For our default skin, we didn't feel that was a hugely important feature that needed a gigantic link on the index page.

There is a list of moderators - the moderating team link.

And private messages now have an ACTUAL report feature. You as an admin can control which groups can access each type of reported content. If members don't want your entire staff reading pms, limit pm reports so that only admins can view and address them. If your members would rather forward the pm, they can copy the contents and start a new conversation with a moderator. They can invite a moderator to an existing conversation. You have 3 options now, where in IPB 2 you only had 1.

All I gather from your suggestions is you are resistant to change and want IPB 3 to be IPB 2. I'm afraid IPB3 is not IPB2, and likely won't be in the future.

[quote name='bfarber' date='16 July 2009 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1247758456' post='1827116']

Moderating team link is in same spot and *nearly* the same size as it was in 2.3.x. If you think it should be made bigger, that's what the skin system is for. For our default skin, we didn't feel that was a hugely important feature that needed a gigantic link on the index page.

[quote name='bfarber' date='16 July 2009 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1247758456' post='1827116']
For our default skin, we didn't feel that was a hugely important feature that needed a gigantic link on the index page.

If your members would rather forward the pm, they can copy the contents and start a new conversation with a moderator.

copy paste say nothing about the moment that reply was done for example
nor about the entire conversation.

All I gather from your suggestions is you are resistant to change and want IPB 3 to be IPB 2. I'm afraid IPB3 is not IPB2, and likely won't be in the future.

:) indeed...
when something good is removed, I am more than resistant.

because till now I see only one good thing added: friendly url.

and so many disappeared, I can make a looooong list.

to be resistant is not a crime and is nothing to be ashamed of, isnt it?
or only you, ipb stuff are the only one who want the best for these boards and we are our own enemies and yours too... :) you wish to save us, indeed, and we protest.. :))

look, another stupid resistant creature: http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/287322-moderator-listing

hell, we are so many, did you noticed?

I never called anyone "stupid". Please don't put words in my mouth.

My main point was, if you preferred 2.3.6 over 3.0.0, you were free to continue using it. :) They are different versions, with different user interfaces, different features. Some things in 2.3 we did not feel added value to the software and did not retain (for instance, the "My Assistant" feature). We added other features that we did feel added value. The packages are not the same, and one should not expect that the update will look and work identical to an older version.

It's the nature of updates.

nature of updates should not be changing everything, because you have customers that likes what they buy and wand updates to solve their existing bugs.

you have bugs on 2.3.6, remember? and not friendly url...
if you had it there, I would never made the upgrade...
I suppose the advice to keep 2.3.6 is a little bit too late, can you make downgrade as well as upgrade?

:) solve bugs of each version and we will think twice if we want the next product or not.
maybe then you will see if someone likes it indeed.

upgrading should not be a totally different product.
:)

[quote name='vesperala' date='16 July 2009 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1247764638' post='1827212']
nature of updates should not be changing everything, because you have customers that likes what they buy and wand updates to solve their existing bugs.

you have bugs on 2.3.6, remember? and not friendly url...
if you had it there, I would never made the upgrade...
I suppose the advice to keep 2.3.6 is a little bit too late, can you make downgrade as well as upgrade?

:) solve bugs of each version and we will think twice if we want the next product or not.
maybe then you will see if someone likes it indeed.

upgrading should not be a totally different product.
:)

Upgrading 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 should not be a totally different product, no.

However upgrading 2.x.x to 3.x.x effectively IS a new product. It's just like upgrading Windows 98 to Windows 2000. Or Windows XP to Windows Vista. Someone will like it, some won't, and there's always 2.3.6 (Windows XP) if you don't like the newest release. :)

I realize it's too late for you, nor are we suggesting you downgrade. I'm just pointing out that newer versions are not guaranteed to work identical to older versions. If a feature doesn't work out, or isn't very useful for the majority, there's not much point including it. If there's something totally cool we want to include, we may do so.

[quote name='vesperala' date='16 July 2009 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1247751220' post='1827042']
My assistant feature disappeared...

My assistant feature was purposefully removed

could you please tell them to purposefully remove help file of My assistant:

http://www.vesperala.com/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=13&hl=

The My Assistant help file IS removed for new installations. There's an open bug report about some users not getting updated help files, and we wouldn't DELETE any help files you already had in place. You will need to manually remove it on your board.

this means someone will removed for me...I have a ticket too about.

thanks...not hurry :) could wait anyway, if is solved nest version

I did not knew difference between purposely and purposefully.. :) I learned that way. 1 point to that post, from me.

[quote name='vesperala' date='23 July 2009 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1248371623' post='1831803']
I did not knew difference between purposely and purposefully.. :) I learned that way. 1 point to that post, from me.

Shhh. I speak English natively and I didn't really realize there was much of a difference either. ;)

Archived