Tag Widgets, Holy Crap! :D

Dreadknux

Just wanted to share my über-appreciation to you guys for all your hard work (as we don't really express that enough anyway), but specifically for this new Tag widget that you cooked up (is it brand new with Beta 1? Didn't notice it before). I know I asked for it in a Feature request topic on the preview site, but wasn't expecting it to drop with 5.0!

There's some things that I'd like to see added (lack of carousel, various widget view options... but I can definitely work with what we have here for now) but what we have now looks great and I can't thank you enough - especially for the multi-tag feature which breaks down multiple tags into tabs on the widget! I just discovered this and hot dog, what a great feature!

Could contain: File, Webpage, Person, Face, Head

Just to make a small suggestion (for maybe 5.1 or something, not now!), would it be possible to manually order the multiple tags as they appear to be displayed in alphabetical order (in the example above, would make more sense for me to have 'News' at the very beginning and anything else to the right of it). It'd also be awesome to be able to manage Tags in AdminCP so that you could have 'nested' tags (like a sub-tag, so I could make a 'Comic News' tag sit underneath 'News' etc etc).

Anyway, fantastic job! I'm playing around with the Beta now and it's all coming together beautifully. Really brilliant work guys, you have my thanks!

2 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

Just wanted to share my über-appreciation to you guys for all your hard work (as we don't really express that enough anyway), but specifically for this new Tag widget that you cooked up (is it brand new with Beta 1? Didn't notice it before). I know I asked for it in a Feature request topic on the preview site, but wasn't expecting it to drop with 5.0!

There's some things that I'd like to see added (lack of carousel, various widget view options... but I can definitely work with what we have here for now) but what we have now looks great and I can't thank you enough - especially for the multi-tag feature which breaks down multiple tags into tabs on the widget! I just discovered this and hot dog, what a great feature!

Could contain: File, Webpage, Person, Face, Head

Just to make a small suggestion (for maybe 5.1 or something, not now!), would it be possible to manually order the multiple tags as they appear to be displayed in alphabetical order (in the example above, would make more sense for me to have 'News' at the very beginning and anything else to the right of it). It'd also be awesome to be able to manage Tags in AdminCP so that you could have 'nested' tags (like a sub-tag, so I could make a 'Comic News' tag sit underneath 'News' etc etc).

Anyway, fantastic job! I'm playing around with the Beta now and it's all coming together beautifully. Really brilliant work guys, you have my thanks!

I think I first noticed the tag widget with the last Alpha, so it might be one of those hidden gems. But I absolutely agree. I love the addition and it'll 100% be a staple around the community. 😁