Issue with OAUTH2 login method - Azure AD

Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Hi,

I followed the instructions 

and the "Update local database" cannot be selected as it states "This option cannot be chosen because the Invision Community login method is already doing this." for the remote display name and remote email address changes.

Ok fine so also selecting disable "Show in account settings" because I don't want the user to have the option to make changes and I always want these details to be synchronised always. What option do I select between "Allow the member to chose what happens" or "Do nothing"?

Selecting either of those options doesn't synchronise during login.

Further, let's assume I wanted to synchronise some other properties provided in the token such as first name or last name. I don't see an obvious way to do this as only the userid, display name, email address and profile photo url can be specified.

As mentioned in the description, it allows them to choose what happens in 'account settings'. However if you have set it not to show in account settings, there is no way for them to set this. The only other option is for it to do nothing. If you want it to always sync, you should be setting it to always update local database, but as mentioned you cannot do this at present because of other settings.

In terms of synchronising other items, there is no option to add things in. For that you would required a custom solution.

@Marc what is preventing updates to the local database from being selected? I've configured everything else identically and the instructions show this can be enabled. What settings would prevent this?

Any plans on allowing more items to sync in version 5?

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

There is no plan to add more items to this, no. Its basic login via oauth

In terms of other items syncing from an IDP, there should be more items configurable because there are standard items that most OAUTH providers allow such as First Name and Last Name.

Should be able to map properties from IDP User Information Endpoint JSON response to Member Profile field.

In any case please let me know if any other access is needed.

• Solution

You have some disabled there. The 'standard' one its referring to is one of the ones that are disabled, that have it set up to sync emails. There is one present, whether disabled or otherwise. So you need to remove that or change it

@Marc the standard one is enabled. The default Invision Community one does indeed have that setting enabled. This makes no sense to me because if you do have multiple IDP's enabled then wouldn't you want each IDP to update the details?

In theory a user account should only have 1 linked IDP - doesn't make sense to have multiple IDP's connected to a single account so in that scenario these settings don't really make sense.

Further I can't disable these because it's not configured (complains required fields are null). Adding in dummy values is not ideal, presumably the alternative is to modify the database directly.

Posted (edited)

Ohh, yes I didn't create that one.

I've deleted that additional standard one but there is still those other items I mentioned regarding multiple IDP's etc.

Edited by Johno2518

OK I've just deleted the default Invision Community and I'm now able to update those settings.

Still, I think there has got to be some enhancements made to Invision Community Suite regarding OAUTH settings and flexibility in synchronising other properties.