Title underneath the Avatar picture?

davenay67

Thanks for the reply, Jim!

Yes, I'm referring to the text you highlighted.

We have a customer with what appears to be a custom title. And they are asking to either remove or change that title. I'm trying to discover how that is done, and who can make the change.

11 minutes ago, davenay67 said:

Thanks for the reply, Jim!

Yes, I'm referring to the text you highlighted.

We have a customer with what appears to be a custom title. And they are asking to either remove or change that title. I'm trying to discover how that is done, and who can make the change.

A while back, we used to allow custom titles after a user hit a certain rank. However, a few major releases back, believe 4.5, we added Achievements which took the place of this and this was then rolled into the ability to have it as a custom profile field. 

Regardless, the custom title, can be edited in the member's profile.

If you are still having issues and would like to provide an example, we can take a look.

5 minutes ago, davenay67 said:

Here is the user in question. He would like a different title under his avatar. we are tryin go to determine who can change this, and how to make the change.

Could contain: Poster, Advertisement, Flyer, Brochure, Paper, Person, Human, Text

This is the field mentioned and you can see setting in ACP -> Members -> Profiles -> Profile Fields -> expand "Retained" -> "Long custom title"

This was "imported" from the previous field mentioned in my previous post. Currently, you have this configured so members cannot edit the value.

9 minutes ago, davenay67 said:

So, if a user cannot edit their titles in our implementation, who can edit that title? And how would they do it?

Only administrators currently would be able to edit the title currently via the ACP when viewing that user's profile.

If you want all users to be able to change this, you would make that change in the custom profile field: ACP -> Members -> Profiles -> Profile Fields -> expand "Retained" -> "Long custom title" -> enable "Members can edit"

Hi Jim,

I followed your links and see that this member has his Long Custom Title set to 'No value', but still displays 'I was posting when you were still in nappies' under his avatar.

I'm a little confused on how I can change the text under the avatar.

Could contain: Person, Human, Text, Page, Word

On 8/22/2022 at 4:37 PM, Jim M said:

You would need to contact your theme's author then as it looks like this is a custom addition of an deprecated field.

I believe you are correct about the custom theme. Would you happen to know the name of the deprecated field?

32 minutes ago, davenay67 said:

I believe you are correct about the custom theme. Would you happen to know the name of the deprecated field?

This is a custom member title. I'm afraid though, customization is outside our scope of support so the actual variable may be different. Simply comparing the theme template to default would aid in this, however.