Move Start New Topic button to the top of the page

Hi There,

I am trying to move The New Topic Button to the top of the page as by default it is located right above

.ipsBox

which makes it hard to spot as I had few my members asked me how to start a new topic ( they did not even see it)

Here is what I am trying to do

Could contain: Text, Page, File

It makes much more to have on the top so I was able to find the code inside forumdisplay template and found the code which is this:

<div data-controller='forums.front.forum.forumPage'>
	<ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsToolList_horizontal--flex ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_both">
		{template="forumButtons" group="forums" params="$forum"}
	</ul>
	{$table|raw}
</div>

I also tried this without the div

<ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsToolList_horizontal--flex ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_both">
	</ul>

and moved it to globalTemaple  right above <div id='ipsLayout_mainArea'> so the code looked like this:

<main id='ipsLayout_body' class='ipsLayout_container'>
			<div id='ipsLayout_contentArea'>
				<div id='ipsLayout_contentWrapper'>
					{template="breadcrumb" app="core" group="global" params="'top'"}
					{template="sidebar" if="theme.sidebar_position == 'left'" app="core" group="global" params="'left'"}

<div data-controller='forums.front.forum.forumPage'>
	</ul>
	{$table|raw}
</div>
                   <div id='ipsLayout_mainArea'>
						{advertisement="ad_global_header"}
						{template="acknowledgeWarning" if="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->members_bitoptions['unacknowledged_warnings']" params="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->warnings( 1, FALSE )" group="global" app="core"}
						{{if !\in_array('ipsLayout_minimal', \IPS\Output::i()->bodyClasses ) and !member.members_bitoptions['profile_completion_dismissed'] and $nextStep = member.nextProfileStep()}}
							{template="profileNextStep" group="global" app="core" params="$nextStep, true"}
						{{endif}}
						{template="widgetContainer" group="global" app="core" params="'header', 'horizontal'"}
						{$html|raw}
						{template="widgetContainer" group="global" app="core" params="'footer', 'horizontal'"}
					</div>
					{template="sidebar" if="theme.sidebar_position == 'right'" app="core" group="global" params="'right'"}
					{template="breadcrumb" app="core" group="global" params="'bottom'"}
				</div>
			</div>
			{template="inlineMessage" if="member.msg_show_notification and $message = \IPS\core\Messenger\Conversation::latestUnreadMessage()" app="core" group="global" params="$message"}
		</main>

But I got this  error [[Template forums/front/forums/forumButtons is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could contain: Text, Page, File

I am stuck and have no idea how to make it work, any help is greatly appreciated!

This button is generated dynamically based on the current forum and its permissions. It needs the forum variable to do this and so you cannot move the button to the global template. The forum variable isn’t available there. 

In theory, you could just create a button with a link to /submit/. That’s what the Create Menu does. 
Not sure that is a good idea though. 

Edited by opentype