Page Builder: Media Embed unique for each product

numis

Hi! 

If I understand correctly now there is one template for the product page and it is common for all products. Accordingly, the blocks added with builder will also be relevant for all products at once.

Is it possible to make each product unique with its own template. For example, I wanted to add a promotional video to a specific product in this way instead of giving a link to YouTube in the description. But this block remains the same for other products too. I think this is relevant for other blocks in the builder as well.

image.thumb.png.74aee6161a61399e16ea6ba6511cde6d.png

Edited by numis

It’s how the framework works. Blocks are added to “pages”, not “content items”. Just like you don’t add specific blocks to a single forum topic. A store product falls in the same category.  

What you are asking for is probably better achieved through a theme customization (plugin). You could add your (for example) videos as a custom product field (if you need it separate from the product description) and then change the product view template to add a column where your custom product fields will show. 

Edited by opentype

Got it. But in this case, it is the overall composition of the page that is important to me, as in my screenshot - I do not need to make the video in a separate tab or something else. It's hard for me to judge how difficult it is to implement from the side of the code. But it would be great to give such an opportunity. For example, as you described, add your own commerce widget with products of this category for each category \ topic. In general, this would give a lot of options.