Posting videos in Gallery using API

cb37fr

On 5/23/2018 at 2:55 PM, bfarber said:

It should be possible - what is the error you are getting?

Endpoint POST /gallery/images

{
    "errorCode": "1G316\/6",
    "errorMessage": "NO_IMAGE"
}

It's the only error I get... I'm using the same method to upload an image (jpg) and it's working, as soon as it is an .mp4 file I get this error.

The file is declared as the "image" value in the array of the command as I'm doing usually for a .jpg

It's posted with a user who has video posting permission in the settings and the file type is allowed, it's also working if the user is posting the mp4 from the gallery website.

I would like to be sure that the API can handle videos upload for the gallery ?

Thank you !

How large is the video? It is possible you are going over some limit at the server level. Try with a very small video (under 2MB) to verify that works first, which should isolate whether the issue you are facing is generalized or specific to the file you are uploading.

17 minutes ago, bfarber said:

How large is the video? It is possible you are going over some limit at the server level. Try with a very small video (under 2MB) to verify that works first, which should isolate whether the issue you are facing is generalized or specific to the file you are uploading.

It's a small 1mb mp4, and I can upload bigger mp4 directly from IPS gallery so I don't think it's a server limit issue. Some of the jpg that are working with the API upload are bigger.  I tried with a local and a distant mp4 and no success..

The script is working perfectly with a jpg source.

Have you ever successfully uploaded a video through the API ? I'd like to know for sure it's possible, the only references I get from the API guide are for images, nothing about videos.

Thank you

Archived