HTML editor stretches paragraphs out

BigEgg

Hello everyone,

While trying to use the html editor for a rules page on my site, I have discovered that a paragraph in the editor and in the preview looks like a paragraph, but when it is put on the page, it stretches the sentences out into one line causing the page width to grow to massive size. Is there any work around for this? I also tried the text editor block but it does the same thing. Any help would be great!

It’s hard so say what is going on from just that description. If you could link a life page, where it is happening, the problem could be found easily. 

When people have reported something like this in the past, it was usually caused by pasting rich-text content into the editor, which contained the unwanted styling. There are also other possibilities like a paragraph that has non-breaking spaces instead of regular spaces. 

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

It’s hard so say what is going on from just that description. If you could link a life page, where it is happening, the problem could be found easily. 

When people have reported something like this in the past, it was usually caused by pasting rich-text content into the editor, which contained the unwanted styling. There are also other possibilities like a paragraph that has non-breaking spaces instead of regular spaces. 

Ahhhh thank you for this :) I tried re-typing a sentence in that editor instead of copying from a forum post into the editor and it fixed the issue. Thanks again!

Archived