Suggestion for IPB 3.0

Guest idanz

Yes Yes exactly!

That's what I meant to, an option to import a SOAP service (in simple words - [b]webservice[/b]).

I didn't asked a .NET/ASP.NET support like Zero-CU the moron thinks.

And like you sayed, with webservice you can do [b]everything[/b], and that would be a great improvement for IPB.

Everything as in anything? That could become a security risk If you think about it. I was always under the impression IPB was looking to 'improve' security, not degrade it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything as in anything? That could become a security risk If you think about it. I was always under the impression IPB was looking to 'improve' security, not degrade it.

I agree. They are not going to expose the DB class (or whatever it becomes in 3) as a service. That would be a security nightmare.

Keith

Generally web site APIs don't cover things like database classes, they'd cover things like member data, posts, calendar items, etc.

If those could be exposed in a HTTP-accessible API, be it SOAP or something else, I think that'd be a great addition.

Generally web site APIs don't cover things like database classes, they'd cover things like member data, posts, calendar items, etc.

If those could be exposed in a HTTP-accessible API, be it SOAP or something else, I think that'd be a great addition.

True, but I'm trying to make sure the OP realizes this. I'm not sure that what he's looking to do would be covered by those exposed items. But I still would like to hear what kind of mods he plans to make with this interface.

Keith

Archived