Question about mobile menu management

bradybarrows

I have been told more than once that the Invision Community Platform is not user friendly on mobile devices. I dismissed this since when I gave a cursory look at my mobile device looking at our website, it looked ok to me and thought that these ones don't know what they are talking about. However, I have always used my computer when on our website and started to think about helping those who only use mobile devices a tutorial on how to navigate our website. So that is when I discovered why the Invision Community platform is difficult for those who only use mobile devices. So I have a question for the IC clients about menu management for mobile devices and what your recommendations are to resolve this issue. I need some help. 

So, let's look at our home page with the first menu right after the HOME menu button, our NAVIGATOR menu which you can see below using a computer and web browser: 

homepageCOMPUTER.thumb.png.b4e1ad667991a92b109f2e389cbed052.png

As you can see above, clicking on the Navigator menu drops down a long list of menu choices. 

Now look at our home page (screen shot left) and see how a mobile device handles this by clicking the three bar menu top right corner (screen shot right): 

homepage.thumb.png.6fadf54efaedd2ab6886e3a395f4be40.pngmenu.thumb.png.c7bb42fc1b3c36319d2242bd94eb4352.png

If you will notice in the screen shot right that the menu for NAVIGATOR is the one just under the HOME menu. Now notice how IC menu management handles this below after clicking on NAVIGATOR: 

navigator.thumb.png.de94b9780a23a6ec7b90dbf2e420e146.png

Please note in the above screen shot that the word NAVIGATOR appears at the top and the all the menu choices are below this word which is also a link. If a mobile device user thinks that one should click on NAVIGATOR again in the above screen shot the user is taken back to the previous screen which then frustrates the user. If they knew that this word is simply a list of what is under the NAVIGATOR menu and all the choices are below this word, that would be fine and dandy, but I think this is a poor menu management decision to make that word a link that goes back to the previous screen. 

What would be a way to resolve this issue?  Is there a way to somehow make that word in the above screen shot 'Navigator' not a link?  Or what would you recommend?  

I then discovered that all the menu items on our web site that have a drop down menu with more choices do the same thing. I can see why a mobile device user gets frustrated and decides to go back to Facebook or Twitter. 

Edited by bradybarrows