iPhone notifications, web app and more

23 hours ago, KT Walrus said:

How long does the PWA keep me signed in?

Same as desktop.

Also, can you support sign in by Face/Touch Id?

if you store your email and password in Keychain, it will use auto fill when you use FaceID. If using TouchID, it also auto submits (at least, on Mac it does).

Explicit sign in via those is not currently supported. I’m not sure that’s actually available to PWA’s, though I haven’t researched.

And, will Badge show on the HomeScreen icon to indicate the number of unread notifications or even just unread PMs?

Yes. - Sorry, I misunderstood this question - this is not supported yet.

This is unbelievably cool. Thank you Matt and IPS Team for this new feature (and thanks Apple In a way I guess).

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really sure what all the options in the Icons & Logos / Manifest were all about (and I don’t touch Android so it’s benefits would have been wasted on me) so I just left it all alone. This has given me an opportunity to look into this more and offer a way for our community to stay more connected. Having a Home Screen app definitely helps lessen the pressure when dealing with competition via other platforms like Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks again!

UI and UX is probably one of the most important things out there so I'd have to strongly agree to see if we can find a way to get prompts on screen to help the user 'download the app' to their Apps screens. Otherwise Apple users won't know the feature exists.

I'll still be pushing it hard for our members as we've been waiting for a way to get push notifications out to Apple users, luckily I have quite a few members on WhatsApp so I can persuade them via that 😅

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, it's not cloud only.

You need to first add the website to your home screen for push notifications to be allowed.

Sure. But it’s still not working. I also tried deleting and recreating the home-screen app just to be sure. Still nothing. 

The manifest data is set up. 

• Management
32 minutes ago, opentype said:

Sure. But it’s still not working. I also tried deleting and recreating the home-screen app just to be sure. Still nothing. 

The manifest data is set up. 

Have you tried using 'standalone' as the UI type?

1 hour ago, opentype said:

It has moved to System -> Web App.

IPS should probably change the ACP search. Searching for “manifest” still points to Icons & Logos, where it has been removed from. 

thank you! updating my phone to 16.4, will set up manifest and test phone notifications. This is a game changer to get members back from facebook groups. 

50 minutes ago, David N. said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to test this on a Mac, so that I can take screenshots for my users? My iPhone 7 is too old, and Safari's Developer menu only goes to iOS 14 on my Mac. 

Search for iOS emulation on mac.

Not a mac user, but I think iphone devs must have a way to emulate ios on mac in the same way that you can emulate android on windows.

9 minutes ago, LemonGrenade said:

I've set up manifest and icons, and added to home screen and it seems to work okay direct from there, but no notifications, nor is it listed in the notification settings in iOS, any ideas?

Have you enabled Push on the fronted( account settings - Notifications)