Hump Day: 4.6 Beta 3 is live!

graphic2.png

Friday? Booo. Saturday? Blahhhh. Sunday? Who needs it! 

Welcome back to another fine edition of Hump Day, the best day, and today's is a doozy. 

We've officially launched 4.6 Beta 3! 🎉 

It's available for download or per request if you're on Cloud.

We're pretty confident things will be stable, but don't take our word for it; please make backups before updating. 

The official release will make its red carpet debut in the very near future.

What's changed from Beta 2 to Beta 3? @Matt passed along these changes (see below). It's worth mentioning these updates are our new team members, @Christopher Pei and @Marshall Slemp, first bug fixes. 👏 

• Fixed an issue where Weekly and Monthly Email Stats were not displayed correctly
  • Fixed an issue where CSV downloads were limited to 25 rows.
  • Fixed an issue where editing a Link for an Image would not save.
  • Fixed an issue where images added to a Custom Email were not showing up in the email being sent to the customer after a purchase.
  • Fixed some spacing issues with member lists in various blocks.
  • Fixed an issue where adding a theme setting to a parent theme didn’t update children themes with the new setting.
  • Fixed an issue where the database checker may show un-needed database changes.
  • Fixed an issue where an invalid “oembed” widget plugin type would appear when creating a block.
  • Fixed deleting a widget not using JSON_PRETTY_PRINT for the widgets.json file.
  • Fixed an issue where Achievements rebuilding would not finish
  • Fixed an issue where Achievements badges would show in the hovercard during a rebuild.
  • Fixed an issue where changing an authors name from anonymous would not reset the “is_anon” flag
  • Fixed an issue where some ajax content was indexable by search engines
  • Fixed an issue where badge counts could be wrong

I know, that's a lot of awesomeness to absorb.

What are your thoughts? Have you been using any of the Beta releases thus far? We'd love to hear from you in the comments!

Related:

Running it now on my upcoming site and it seems to be behaving OK with just few niggles - I added one to bug buster list today 🙂

The one big issue I have (and not sure it someone else has added to the bug buster) is if I sign out I can't sign back in until I've cleared the browser cache. The browser just sits there with it's little circular thing in the top left going around and around lol.

1 hour ago, Davyc said:

Running it now on my upcoming site and it seems to be behaving OK with just few niggles - I added one to bug buster list today 🙂

The one big issue I have (and not sure it someone else has added to the bug buster) is if I sign out I can't sign back in until I've cleared the browser cache. The browser just sits there with it's little circular thing in the top left going around and around lol.

No such issue on my sites with Firefox.

I just update from beta 2 to beta 3, with some problem after it done:

1 - When click "visit site" from ACP, it take me to the site alright, but when I login, it took me back to the ACP.

2 - I saw notification about "reported content" that strange indeed, as this a test site, and we do not use that, the report about March the 5th, that indeed not true.

Also when I try to see the report, it just sit there on the main page, refresh the browser (Chrome), then it take me there.

Really the modcp from the site it completely not working, select any option will no take you any where.

Im testing 4.6 beta 3.1 and just found out that the plugin "(NE) oembedServices management" doesn't work anymore (it was already not supported in 4.5, but it did work anyway).

@Jordan Invision it's possible for you to make your magic and convince @Matt to add this Oembed Endpoints?

Domain: streamable.com
Oembed Endpoint: https://api.streamable.com/oembed

Domain: imgur.com
Oembed Endpoint: https://api.imgur.com/oembed.json

This will be the result for Streamable:

x7ASr1k.png

This will be the result for Imgur:

dJizQdk.png

Edited by RevengeFNF

Should we be getting daily big red notices for beta releases on our frontends and in the admin panel? Running v4.5.4.2 but it also says that 4.5.4.2 is included in this update, kinda confusing when I'm already running that.

266632906_Screenshot2021-06-04at15_57_53.thumb.png.23a7a6dec19cbbc8ae85a1790faed6d1.png

784855553_Screenshot2021-06-04at15_56_11.thumb.png.f32f84050dc60dc22f920f9eef7a167b.png

If I recall correctly you used to add a line to the config file to run beta updates through the admin panel, just looked and I can't see it there.

<?php

$INFO = array (
  'sql_host' => '',
  'sql_database' => '',
  'sql_user' => '',
  'sql_pass' => '',
  'sql_port' => ,
#  'sql_socket' => '',
  'sql_tbl_prefix' => '',
  'sql_utf8mb4' => ,
  'board_start' => ,
  'installed' => ,
  'base_url' => '',
  'guest_group' => ,
  'member_group' => ,
  'admin_group' => ,
);

1 hour ago, RevengeFNF said:

Im testing 4.6 beta 3.1 and just found out that the plugin "(NE) oembedServices management" doesn't work anymore (it was already not supported in 4.5, but it did work anyway).

@Jordan Invision it's possible for you to make your magic and convince @Matt to add this Oembed Endpoints?

Domain: streamable.com
Oembed Endpoint: https://api.streamable.com/oembed

Domain: imgur.com
Oembed Endpoint: https://api.imgur.com/oembed.json

This will be the result for Streamable:

x7ASr1k.png

This will be the result for Imgur:

dJizQdk.png

What version were you running previously? That plugin was updated up to 4.4. Maybe @Nathan Explosion will take a look a look at your comment 🙂 👋