Hump Day: 4.6 Beta 2 is live!

HD.png

Happy Hump Day, fam! Before we dive into the goodness, I just want to say thank you for being a part of Invision Community. It's been really fun to see community members and the IC team become even more unified as we've rolled out 4.6. 🥲 

Speaking of...(!!!) 4.6 Beta 2 is now live! 🎉 

It's worth reminding you this is the third Beta version (it follows Beta 1 and Beta 1.1).

We collected a roundup of changes needed and spent the last week implementing updates. 

Not only did @Matt write an epic blog post about what you can expect to see in 4.6, he also relayed this list of fixes 🤯 

• Added a no search results message when searching Pixabay and Giphy.
  • Added truncated views for status updates.
  • Added a new check to make sure a datastore method is working before using it.
  • Clarified that a template must be saved when editing template variables/attributes.
  • Fixed an issue with an alert message not showing when selecting ‘Administrators’ as Secondary Group for Members.
  • Fixed an issue when an anonymous online status doesn’t persist across logins when using button log in methods.
  • Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to grant access to the email stats page to a limited Administrator.
  • Fixed an issue where the Standard login handler title isn’t saved on edit.
  • Fixed some admin control panel live search results linking to the wrong page.
  • Fixed an issue where text when using the visual language editor could be white on a white background.
  • The last post date in fluid view will no longer extend beyond the browser width on mobiles.
  • Fixed an issue where JSON-LD data was badly formatted for Question/Answer forums or when “Enable Solved” was enabled.
  • Fixed an issue where phrase searches containing stop words could return no results.
  • Added an option for members to cancel expired subscriptions to be able to purchase another subscription.
  • Fixed an issue where PayPal Billing Agreements / Subscriptions may not include sales tax.
  • Fixed an issue when approving a held Stripe transaction if the payment has already been captured.
  • Fixed an issue where an empty donations page was visible creating a soft 404.

4.6's official release date for all is set for the first half of June. 

Beta versions are available for Cloud clients (by request), or can be downloaded if you are self-hosted (proceed with caution and please make a backup!).

Have YOU been testing out 4.6? What are your overall thoughts now that you've had a minute to soak it all in? Sound off in the replies! 

19 minutes ago, Davyc said:

Yes running now on my upcoming site and it really is smooth - experimenting with the badges and ranks, but svg is new for me in the creation process so I'm in the trial and error phase lol.  Great work and loving it 🙂

This is probably not what people would recommend, but I can't get along with Illustrator... So, I've changed all mine to .PNG. I've used Photoshop for many, many years, and it's just my preferred choice. And at such a smile size, I doubt most will be able to notice.

3 minutes ago, My Sharona said:

I am assuming the IPS Cloud does, or rather, will.

Yes, WebP will work on Cloud.

34 minutes ago, SeNioR- said:

Does 4.6 support .svg for reactions, category icons? 

Not at this time, the only places SVG are supported are Ranks, Badges, Theme Resources, Safari Mask Icon for PWA.

5 hours ago, Fast Lane! said:

If we upgrade and don't enable the new badges system, can we convert later after the upgrade?  Can we swap back if we don't like it.  Etc..   serious question. I'm not sure this has been addressed.  

• Management
4 hours ago, Tom_F said:

Both 1.1 and 2 Beta's been pretty much flawless. The one strange issue I have is intermittent behaviour of last post/content view. I think it must be the rogue remains of a 4.5 plugin/application somewhere. 

Happy for you to stick in a ticket my friend. I'll take a look on your install.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Happy for you to stick in a ticket my friend. I'll take a look on your install.

Wasn't sure if there would be support for beta so been tinkering myself. It's more fun than the delge of ISO27001 😄

10 minutes ago, IP-Gamers said:

There were no problems with any plugin or application in the screenshots when updating. So don't be afraid.

441324838_2021-05-28153131.thumb.png.bb6f4f52ac3c3bc7b818568581730211.png

1684464869_2021-05-28153114.thumb.png.834861e088974dfd9aabecd3513525c7.png

Thanks buddy, I guess Ill wait a weekend as we have least people online then, make a backup and give it a go. 🙂