Invision Community 4.6.0 Beta 1 is live!

17 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

It's available per request for Cloud customers

As a Cloud customer, I'm happy to wait for the final release. I also like to spin up a 5 day demo to get familiar with the changes in an environment closely resembling our live site. Will the demo site be upgraded prior to final release? I assume not as it is for attracting potential clients who may not like testing a beta.

I have a question for the marketplace devs to give us a better idea of upgrade timings.

Devs, how much work are we talking about, per app, for you to go from 4.5 to 4.6 compatibility? Are we talking a couple of hours per app or days per app?

Thx.

6 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Gave it a spin last night when I saw it go live in the client area. 

Got it set up on my Mac… Here comes hours of work on setting up achievements after work tonight. Yay. 😂

Circle back and let us know what that experience was like! I'm excited to do that, too. 

3 hours ago, Pavel Chernitsky said:

Great to see you keep pumping out more and more substantial upgrades and features at a regular pace.

🥲 The team smashed this one out of the park!!

8 hours ago, Matt said:

I would stick with it. We don't expect a long beta testing phase so you won't be without a marketplace for too long.

I wish there was a config flag to allow installing older version apps that are not specifically marked as compatible with suitable warnings.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

I would stick with it. We don't expect a long beta testing phase so you won't be without a marketplace for too long.

I wish there was a config flag to allow installing older version apps that are not specifically marked as compatible with suitable warnings.

Matt
This post was recognized by Matt!

"Excellent feedcabk!"

Dean_ was awarded the badge 'Great Content'

5 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

Circle back and let us know what that experience was like! I'm excited to do that, too. 

First bit of feed back on achievements. While I see an option to manually add a badge, it has to be done via AdminCP? Wouldn't it make sense and save time to be able to manually add a badge while on the front end via the members profile? Seems very long winded to have to sign in to ACP, find the member, go to profile, press badges and then add badge.

Also, there is no badge box on a user profile when first setup under 'Your Achievements'.

However, once a badge is added the box appears. But, I believe that a box should already exist, that you can press to go into (like the rep box) and there we could have a button to add badges.

And to add.

I think a few sites will have a lot of badges (I believe I will) so, instead of having to scroll forever to find the badge. Could it be fed back that we could setup categories and add badges under each one (ACP)?

Edited by Dean_

22 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

Wouldn't it make sense and save time to be able to manually add a badge while on the front end via the members profile?

And how do you think about for a mass update ? So i can allocate one badge to x members in one Step ? 

• Management
39 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

First bit of feed back on achievements. While I see an option to manually add a badge, it has to be done via AdminCP? Wouldn't it make sense and save time to be able to manually add a badge while on the front end via the members profile? Seems very long winded to have to sign in to ACP, find the member, go to profile, press badges and then add badge.

Also, there is no badge box on a user profile when first setup under 'Your Achievements'.

However, once a badge is added the box appears. But, I believe that a box should already exist, that you can press to go into (like the rep box) and there we could have a button to add badges.

And to add.

I think a few sites will have a lot of badges (I believe I will) so, instead of having to scroll forever to find the badge. Could it be fed back that we could setup categories and add badges under each one (ACP)?

You can give a member a badge on the front end for their content via the three dot menu at the top right of each post. 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

You can’t award yourself. We don’t allow self back patting around here. 

Spoil sport 🙄

I can confirm this works... 😂

42 minutes ago, MythonPonty said:

And how do you think about for a mass update ? So i can allocate one badge to x members in one Step ? 

I believe you should be able to do this with the rebuild feature if using a specific rule.

Running IPS 4.6 on my upcoming site (it's going to be a while before it launches) and so far everything is working the way I expected it.  Not using a custom theme on this site, but I am customising the default theme and it's working out great.  Sample from the forums below:

image.thumb.png.800c738a0791a0033fad8e83a1f05905.png

A few of @opentype plugins seem to be working OK in theme as is @onlyME Friends app - the support section is showing them as Important Issues, but they work:

image.png.c9b543890eb924b5d1f34fe3a7216214.png

That's 2 plugins, 1 app and the default theme which I've customised.

All I can say is, fantastic work guys - love the new Achievements and I'll be tinkering with those too.  I'll have to hold off updating my Movie Buffs site until all the apps and plugins I use are updated, but that's no big issue.  So far, loving it.

like.gif.acca5382fd223710138f70098dee4edd.gif

Where has the information gone when you hover over a username, where is used to tell you where the members is currently on the site:

image.png.df1d1b0a6750db396dcc955c98be3425.png

Where it tells your what the member is doing on the forum, it doesn't seem to be on the 4.6 BETA

image.png.839287e2f29bc73d5744c1bf336a6efd.png

Thanks in advance 👍