Invision Community 4.6.0 Beta 1 is live!

4 minutes ago, beats23 said:

Ohh no, I install beta and now I can't download any apps

That would be because none of them are compatible with IPS 4.6.0

5 minutes ago, beats23 said:

Is there a workaround?

Restore the backup you took before upgrading

5 minutes ago, beats23 said:

I can't revert back to 4.5

Ah!!!

@Jordan Invision right here is an example of why you should be putting in a "DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PRODUCTION SITE UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES" comment to your post.

20 minutes ago, beats23 said:

Ohh no, I install beta and now I can't download any apps.😐

Is there a workaround?

I can't revert back to 4.5

1757473273_Screenshot2021-05-18at8_49_56pm.thumb.png.61247a1be3a9a59bc9a5f0e2c30313e2.png

Welcome

Self-hosted: please make the necessary backups before upgrading. Because this is a Beta, please understand there is an inherent risk when upgrading.

15 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

That would be because none of them are compatible with IPS 4.6.0

Restore the backup you took before upgrading

Ah!!!

@Jordan Invision right here is an example of why you should be putting in a "DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PRODUCTION SITE UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES" comment to your post.

Just now, Feneroin said:

Welcome

Self-hosted: please make the necessary backups before upgrading. Because this is a Beta, please understand there is an inherent risk when upgrading.

For transparency's sake – I amended the post to include that per the suggestion. 

1 hour ago, Jordan Invision said:

Hey team,...

Looking forward to hearing what you think! Sound off in the replies below. 

OK! I'm super eXcited!

I am happy that Invision eXists and has for a very long time.

I am, as of today, beginning to offer my MaD AdMin SkillZ for hire on my web presences. Mostly because I have taken my 3 community sites about as far as I can for now.

But I digress, this is about U'All and the AmaZing work that you DO!

Zo, Keep iT up and I look for to the actual APP for the PhoneZ that is supposed to be still coming?

I hope I haven't missed something in that regard.

Anyway!

ThanX again and here is to US selling a great SaaS product! 🍾🥳

Jason.
😈🕸️🧙‍♂️

49 minutes ago, beats23 said:

I have a backup but a few members sign up since I install the beta. I guess I'll have to wait until the dev update their apps.

I kind of like the old system before this marketplace, where I could download files no matter which version IPS I was using.

Beta versions, as a rule of thumb, should not be used on a live installation. That is what test forums are for. 

Anyways, looking forward to take the new version for a test drive. Many thanks to the great and amazing Ips team for all their hard work. 

• Management
20 minutes ago, Pavel Chernitsky said:

Great to see you keep pumping out more and more substantial upgrades and features at a regular pace.
Do you have a ballpark estimate on when the stable version is planned to release?

All depends on feedback from beta testers.